• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pending JSA looming - urgent advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending JSA looming - urgent advice needed

aken to court by Anglian water - Urgent help needed court date approaching

Today, 08:52:AM
    I am hoping someone can help with this, its quite long winded and I am just about approaching the end with a court date in 2 weeks, but I will summarise it the best I can.

In Feb 22 I received a letter from an Enforcement Co demanding full payment of a judgement against me in 7 days or they would file for a writ of control.

The claimant was Anglian Water and I can honestly say I knew nothing of the CCJ.

In Aug 2020, I left the premises that the bill related too due to my marriage breaking down, we both left the property and went our separate ways. The water bill was in my husbands name and he dealt with it so when I left the property, I didnt give it a single thought about advising AW that I had moved out. I trusted my ex would do it. He obviously didnt.

So straight away I telephoned the enforcement co, explained the situation and asked if I could arrange a payment plan as I was panicking and I didnt have the money.

They told me they couldnt do anything, I needed to contact AW to sort it which I did straight away.

Now the judgement was for the period April 2018 to April 2022, but I had moved out of the property Aug 2020 so AW said that I needed to email proof of vacating the premises (which I did again straight away) as they needed to get the bill adjusted and then sort out about getting it paid off. They also said they would put a hold on enforcement co whilst this was sorted.

Again, I wasnt really thinking that the account was set up in my ex's name, I was just stressed that I was the one that had the judgement.

After a couple of weeks, I still hadnt heard back from AW and so I phoned them and eventually after being transferred from one place to another, they said that they could not adjust the judgement and I needed to apply for a JSA which I done, hence the court case pending.

The thing is, the legal team for AW are opposing the JSA because they say that the court papers were served correctly and I should have notified them I had moved away.

I have explained until I am blue in the face that the only reason I applied for a JSA is because I was instructed to do so by AW so they could alter the amount of the judgement, but they are not listening.

They have offered eventually a consent order for the debt to be paid off over 12 months but I have explained to them that I am unemployed and worry that I wont be able to pay the full amount each month and the effect of that would not be good.

They have now issued a skeleton argument and its all twisted and not true. They have also sent a statement of costs which is almost as much as the debt itself.

I am just trying to prepare my statement as it needs to go in early part of next week and I really feel that I have taken for a mug here.

I did get a SAR earlier on and it appears that they just added my name onto the account without my agreement and the notes in the SAR confirmed they told me to get JSA as they couldnt adjust.

Anu thoughts or pointers would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X