• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with an unknown CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with an unknown CCJ

Hi all

I am new to the site… new to all of this to be honest.

I have been trawling the website and forums for literally the past 24 hours trying to figure out what to do in my circumstance.

So I am in the midst of remortgaging (I know, what a time to have to do it!) and had contact from my mortgage advisor yesterday advising that our should be new lender requested we complete a credit check, it seemed something was amiss!

I ran a credit check and to my surprise, there was CCJ against me from June 22. I had no idea what it was in relation to and instantly thought I was subject to fraud. I was wrong.

My credit score has always been excellent, payments always made on time etc. and not owing any monies. I have never had an issue obtaining credit - and this has now given it a BIG hit. Massively impacting us moving forward with remortgaging etc. etc.

I obtained the necessary case number etc. and got in contact with CCBC this morning, who advised that the claim was made by our previous energy suppliers.

We moved out of our previous property in December 21, I contacted said supplier to inform them and provide them with our meter readings to close account etc. as you should and I had done with all necessary companies. I obtained a bill and thought I had paid it - but had in fact completely over looked it. A complete error on my part. Not only had we exchanged and completed on our home in the same day, so it was a manic time, I was also 8 months pregnant - let’s just say it was a bit of a blur. I honestly thought it was paid and went on with life as usual. I even have texts on my phone discussing that I would pay with my OH!

To my surprise this morning, I realised I infact did not pay! I have gone through my emails and online portal for the supplier and there was no communication sent to me following the bill, I am at a complete loss of what to do. If I had been alerted to the fact, I would have paid - I am so annoyed and upset at myself. I take full responsibility for not paying and over looking this - I can’t explain how much it has got me down!!

I spoke with the supplier today, well someone from customer service, who was really helpful - she felt that they didn’t have a leg to stand on - it doesn’t look like any attempt was made to contact me post the bill being sent. No ‘heads up’, no requests for payment, no alert to the fact they would be making this a legal matter. They had my email, telephone number and new home address, which I had informed them of when informing them I had moved out. She is doing some digging for me with the necessary teams etc. and said today that it is likely they will remove the CCJ plus any litigation fees.

I suppose my questions are:
    What do I do?
    What is my best move?
    Can the supplier remove the CCJ? Or does this mean they will do the necessary steps to have it removed?
    I understand I can request the CCJ is set aside - is it best I do this? Should I do this in the meantime?
    Should I request further information from the court, such as any comms relating to the case?
    If set aside or “removed” (is this even possible) how does that impact my credit score?
    Would I be in a position to pay, now, as in I have only just been alerted to the facts - so it doesn’t appear on my credit score?

I am lost. Completely lost. Please help!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X