• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TSB took my money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry if this has already been covered, but has this bank ever stated its reasons for not allowing you access to you money? In other words, do you know what you need to prove or disprove?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Sorry if this has already been covered, but has this bank ever stated its reasons for not allowing you access to you money? In other words, do you know what you need to prove or disprove?
      No, which is why I liaised with them for over a year, and all they ever asked for was: payslip, and ID.

Comment

It sounds like it is time to write a firm letter telling them you've had enough of the prevarication. I suggest giving them 14 days to pay up or you will sue.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Would OP actually be making a claim or rather seeking a court injunction ordering release of his funds?

Comment

That is for him to decide. Does he want to remain a customer of this bank?

Comment

Hi all, it has been a while, however, not long after I posted this I raised the issues with the Financial Ombudsman, which fell into a rabbit hole, they themselves took 6 months to decide they cannot do anything, as TSB claimed it was out of time (over the 6months to have anyone look into the situation) and that they would not agreed to have the situation reopened: TSB claimed they had sent a final response to an address they had on file, even though we proved that we had gave TSB a change of address - seems TSB didn't care and stuck to their standing - which the Ombudsman could do nothing about.

Months after that though, TSB themselves due to threats of a court claim gave the money back! without any explanation to why they had taken it. We applied to have interested paid, they eventually after much to and fro, agreed, but then deducted tax from it, which we still have yet to apply to HMRC to have it back!!

Not nice knowing banks can do this.

What I have understood, is no Ombudsman, FCA, or other body, regulatory or otherwise has the legal right, except from a judge, to force another company to do anything! now keep that in mind! as it's taken 3 yrs to get our situation resolved without boo on why it happened. No Ombudsman no FCA no anyone could do anything. As none of them have a legal (contractual legal right to force a business to do anything), they can only 'recommend', which can legally ignored by the recipient.

Comment

Thanks for the update and pleased to hear you were finally reimbursed your money + interest.

As a point of interest FoS final decisions, if accepted by the complainant, are binding on the bank.
                If the bank fail to honour the decision there is an administrative process which effectively makes the decision a court order

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X