• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

30 Days to avoid CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I have received a CCJ claim form now from the court and it’s says I have to fill it in and give my defence if I dispute all the claim which I do.

Can someone please help me with this?

Many thanks
    Mark

Comment

Acknowledge Claim and tick defend all (do not send a defence it is too early)

send CPR 31.14 Request requesting only items listed on the claim for (no charge and get proof posting to solicitors) keep copy on file of all in date order.

Example Defence to adjust later when told to on here.

echat11

Comment

Deleted
        Last edited by Marcus846; 28th September 2022, 11:06:AM.

Comment

delete account number do not give reference numbers slow down look around the site to see how others responded, and await any request for you to put details on here
          but give dates as to taken out, defaulted last payment etc

Comment

Ok thanks Mike, I’ll do that now.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Wow they truly are fools aren't they, as instructed in post #47 send them a CPR 31.14 request for the documents they mention in the particulars of claim, which will likely be 'agreement' and 'notice of assignment.'

Once they write back with the same nonsense about credit agreements have a go at drafting up, then posting here your defence. Then I can have a look and suggest any tweaks or additional information you might want to add.

Remember this is not your witness statement, so it should be concise and factual.
                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Many thanks, I’ve sent the CPR 31.14 and yes that’s what is in the particulars of the claim.
                  I’ll update as soon as they write back, thanks.

Comment

One the Acknowledgment of the claim I have ticked I intend to defend all the claim but on the online one it says do I want to contest jurisdiction, I’m not sure to tick that or not?

Thanks Mark

Comment

Hi,

I’ve sent the CPR 31.14 request on Saturday 1st October and I’ve done the AOS on the moneyclaim website yesterday.

I am due to go away on the 16th October for two weeks will this be in the time period when I log my defence and can I ask for an extension from the court if it is?

I looked around the forum but I’m struggling to understand, do I get 28 days plus 5 days that the letter takes to get to me? The letter is dated 27th September

Sorry for another question but I’m struggling to grasp all this.

Comment

Start date was 4th November 2016

Date of default 29 June 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus846 View Post
                          Hi,

I’ve sent the CPR 31.14 request on Saturday 1st October and I’ve done the AOS on the moneyclaim website yesterday.

I am due to go away on the 16th October for two weeks will this be in the time period when I log my defence and can I ask for an extension from the court if it is?

I looked around the forum but I’m struggling to understand, do I get 28 days plus 5 days that the letter takes to get to me? The letter is dated 27th September

Can someone please advise me on these timescales and if I can ask for an extension please?

I haven’t anything back from my request yet.

Comment

do I want to contest jurisdiction, I’m not sure to tick that or not?

Thanks Mark
                            No, don't contest

Hi,

Yes you get 33 days from the date on the Claim form N1, if you are going to be away you should write to the other side and request they agree to an extension to file your defence by 28 days pursuant to CPR 15.5.

If they agree you are obliged to notify the court they have agreed in writing.

Post a draft of your defence with personal info removed once you have drafted it for comment.
                            COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will have a few days when I get back to put my defence together when we return. I will post on 1st November and if anyone c

Comment

Hi,

I have just got back from holiday and they have not sent the documents I requested in my CPR 31.14.

How do I proceed now? Do I put in my defence that they haven’t provided the requested documentation?

Many thanks
                                Mark

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X