• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter Of Claim by DCB legal on behalf of UKPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Of Claim by DCB legal on behalf of UKPC

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 03/11/21
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: I haven't said anything to DCB Legal
    Total Amount Claimed : £100
    Claimant’s Name: UKPC (UK Parking Control Limited)
    Solicitors Firm: DCB Legal
    Original Creditor:
    Original Debt: Parking
    Particulars of Claim: : Supposedly parked in a disabled bay without a badge. Entirely possible I forgot to display the badge but I do have one.
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Only letters, which I've ignored
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): Various PCNs, various debt recovery letters and finally this Letter Of Claim

Any Other Information or Background Details:
    I would prefer to PM private details as my case is fairly unique and easily identifiable. Other details can be shared after..
    I will be making a SAR to UKPC and then telling DCBL that I've contacted their client asking for a SAR (https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...mment_64350585 following this advice)
    Can someone confirm this is still the correct procedure?

Thank you for your time.
    Tags: None

ostell Can you take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

First Steps read this 1st

Acknowledge Claim using the data on claim for usually top right defend all tick. come back here after and I am sure Ostelle will advise next move

Comment

Cpr 31.14 request to DCBL to get all the documents they intend to use in their claim

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Cpr 31.14 request to DCBL to get all the documents they intend to use in their claim
          Make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
            ostell Can you take a look and advise, many thanks.
            Hi,
            Firstly, thanks for your reply.
            The letter from DCBL didn't come with a response pack and there's no claim number on the letter to enter into the money claim website

I got sent a letter of claim
            It says basis of claim, payment was due within 28 days of the pcn but outstanding

Next steps:
            Within 30 days of this letter I should either make payment or complete the reply form and financial statement
            Failure to do so is likely to result in a claim being issued without further notice

My girlfriend opened the letter () and says there was just this letter nothing else, no response pack, reply form or financial statement. Not sure if she's chucked it, but why would she keep the other half? Seems a bit odd
            Last edited by Madeanoopsie; 19th November 2021, 00:16:AM.

Comment

So let's see the PCN

Comment

So let's see the PCN
                http://imgur.com/a/0S62GuP
                I've attached the PCN, the DCBL letter and ntk
                All follow ups by letter were sent to my old address. I sent an email to DCBL stating that's my old address, remove it and send all correspondence to my new address. I'm yet to hear a reply from dcbl unfortunately

Comment

So this is not to the stage of a claim yet ie no claim form from the courts?

What was the first letter you received from UKPC?

Is you V5 document up to date?

The only POFA failure I can see on both the NTD and the NTK are a missing period of parking.

Was the notice delivered within 56 days of the event. You've crossed out the dates.

Comment

So this is not to the stage of a claim yet ie no claim form from the courts?

What was the first letter you received from UKPC?

Is you V5 document up to date?

The only POFA failure I can see on both the NTD and the NTK are a missing period of parking.

Was the notice delivered within 56 days of the event. You've crossed out the dates.
                    Sorry, I've got confused.. No I've just got a letter of claim from dcbl

I've recieved nothing from ukpc as I moved address

The car got sold as spairs and repairs and I believe scrapped

The parking error was in 2017, the notice was delivered within 56 days but not to me as I had moved address.

Period of parking meaning? Would that be between time x and time y?

Thanks ostell

Comment

Period is just that a specific period of time. Required by POFA but on it's own not a great point

Comment

Period is just that a specific period of time. Required by POFA but on it's own not a great point
                        OK,
                        So where do I stand regarding this letter of claim?
                        Wise to just pay the £150 or take it to court?

Comment

Unless the signs assist you I would quote Wilkinson at them and offer £100

Comment

Unless the signs assist you I would quote Wilkinson at them and offer £100
                            Sorry for the later reply, what is Wilkinson? And I assume I'd be sending that to UKPC rather than DCBL

Comment

Wilkinson : https://www.dropbox.com/s/16qovzulab...0Wilkinson.pdf Excess charges, abuse of process

You talk to DCBL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X