• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small Claim Court Trial Issues Unresolved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Claim Court Trial Issues Unresolved

Hi

Following an earlier adjourned trial hearing, I emailed the court pointing out the CVP problems prior to the adjournment
    and that I had not received a witness statement or a copied e-bundle from the claimant.
    Since then, I received a new hearing date for 11th March, this time via Microsoft Teams, ordered to be arranged by the claimant.
    The order states the trial is part heard.
    There is no reference to my missing some of the first hearing, i.e. no transcript or recording.
    The order states that the claimant is to notify all parties including the court of the MT link and to provide a bundle, physical if necessary, to all parties.
    The order goes on to say the claimant is to email an e-bundle to the court (but no reference to myself).

Any views as to:

1. No further direction for the claimant to provide a witness statement, ordered, but not complied with in the first trial hearing).
    2. No further direction for the claimant to email me an e-bundle, ordered, but not complied with in the first trial hearing
    (would be easier than sending me a physical bundle given that there are around 100+ pages).
    3. The claimant ordered to arrange the MT link - is this usual - why doesn't the court arrange the link as with CVP?
    4. The judge obviously has no idea what I missed of the first hearing
    - took him a long time to realise I was having problems while the claimant continued to present his case.

Should I email the court & point out these deficiencies again now or leave commenting until the next trial hearing?

TIA
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X