• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Soliitors - Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Soliitors - Letter of Claim

Hi All,

I had 2 old outstanding Loans with Provident from when times were bad. Total debt is £2166.00. Accounts were sold to Lowell Financial - I believe in 2013 who registered them on my credit file in September of that year. NB. last payment made to Provident was 11th March 2013 - so debt is nearly statue barred - I have proof of this and I have all the letters Lowell sent me from end of 2104. I am guessing that as I moved in March 2013 they took time to find me. In any event they have now passed to Lowell Solicitors and I have received a Letter of Claim dated 1st November 2918.

They have included on the Background to the Debit the dates the loans were taken & the agreement numbers from Provident - which are correct. However they say period of Statement is August 2014 to 1st November 2018. I think they are trying to imply the debt is fresher than it is which given I have paid my other debts off, got credit cards, am hoping to get a better mortgage rate etc, once this debt comes of my credit file, this is all I need at this point.

So first question - does the debt become statute barred in March 2019 in line with the last payment/acknowledgement of the debit made by me in March 2013 and therefore Lowell will not be able to pursue me through the Courts? I think it does.

Second question - do I have to wait until March 2020 before I can get this debits removed from my credit file - ie 7 years from last payment date or can I get it removed before this? If so how?

Third question - what should I do in the meantime about the Letter of Claim? How do I respond? How can I delay them taking me to Court / stop all action as I don't want them getting a CCJ and screwing my credit for another 6 years - especially as I am so near to the debt being statue barred. Is a letter I can send a letter/form that asks for more detail of the deb?

Final question - should I just ignore the letter or do these people mean business, will the get a CCJ against me for the debt?

Thanks in advance. I know there is a lot on hear about Lowell but each case is different and would appreciate some expert guidance. I have
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X