• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help needed- ccj set aside, all action dismissed, solicited restarted action.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could send a SAR to Egg too (any idea if it went to Barclays or Citi after Egg died ?) - also any idea who the original claimant was when Drydens were acting and got the original CCJ ?
    Likely to be a loan looking at the particulars of claim, as opposed to a credit card.
    Probably a PPI claim in there somewhere too
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thank you, i’m lucky i did keep all this but i wish i had been more organised with it all then i would 100% be sure and not whittling quite as much!
      iagree you hope we would remember but it was a terrible time and we did have a lot of debt, some we managed to pay off or pay an agreed lump sum to have them closed. we had just had a baby , lost a job and lost both my father and brother so i was in a particularly bad way, although i do hope i would have a better recollection of said debt as it’s hardly a small amount!
      yes i have the email too, although it’s not particularly exciting!
      Stepchange/cccs have been a life saver but i’m wondering if they really understand court process etc as i’m really starting to wander if they have the best advice originally!!!

Comment

this is email that was attached

Comment

Completely agree, CCCS saved my life too, but I ended up with a charging order over my house following their advice too.... about a year before we set this site up xxx They're great at DMPs and getting you some breathing space/buying you some time to get sorted. Court stuff, not so much.

So, the email from CCCS, this was when you received the claim from MCS wasn't it NOT the original Drydens one??, if so, the advice to "complete the admission form" was completely utterly wrong.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

yes i believe it was regarding the Mcs ccj not the drydens one as that happened before that date i’m sure!

Comment

the more i find paperwork the more i have little memories! i think they told us to fill in admissions form as, as usual MCS seemed to conveniently send things very last minute. i think we then could ask for it to be set aside? anyway we thought nothing more came from the original paperwork as they then went quiet, no payment was made nothing happened until they then sent the paperwork saying they had got the wrong info on it ie it was egg not britannia.
              i think cccs/ stepchange agreed that they (Mcs) couldn’t do anything as they would have to send the correct ccj to us, which they then did in 2017 and that was the paperwork we asked to be set aside. stepchange said that because the paperwork was wrong we hadn’t admitted anything about owing a debt to egg but owing a debt to brattania? anyway that’s a whole other ball game isn’t it? i mean i’m still pretty sure that this is the debt we have paid off! i also can’t see how a court can say yes you have to pay it even though i told them mcs had messed up details and never once showed us any proof that the debt was/ is ours!!?? sorry i’m on one again! doing this today and reading through anything we still have left has opened up so much!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X