• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Making a claim against the Council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a claim against the Council

Hello All

Long and short of it my vehicle was issued a parking ticket in 2016 due to not receiving particular correspondence I wasn’t able to appeal and ended up having to pay the bailiffs after the car was removed.

Put it in a complaint to the council as I believed the council didn’t follow the correct procedure. Received a final response disagreeing and not upholding the complaint. However, when I looked at the final response more closely and tried to marry up what the council said they did with what the regulations say they must do, I found the council did the wrong thing on more than one occasion in relation to this parking ticket.

So so much so that I had 4 other parking tickets that were cancelled after I was able to use what the council say they have been doing as stated in their final response

Escalated my complaint to the LGO, but they weren’t able to look at the actions of the council only the bailiff.

I wrote a letter of claim to the council outlining what I felt they have done wrong, referred to their own correspondence which confirms this and referred to various legislation. Sent this to legal services in November 2017.

Received no response at all and couldn’t follow this up at the time due to health reasons. Contacted the council again in March 2018, by which point there is a new legal services director who acknowledged my letter and passed on to be dealt with.

I also requested a review of the parking ticket and received a response saying nope we did all the right things etc etc and contradicted everything that was said in final response.

I wrote back back asking them to review their response and legal wrote back and said they will have a meeting and get back to me.

sent them an email in July 2018 asking for an update and no response. Resent an email this week chasing up for a response. They responded with a one liner saying after taking instruction they won’t be reimbursing me.

I replied asking for a fuller response as there were specific points I raised that haven’t been addressed.

Can anyone advise if I’ve gone about things the right way or any constructive criticism.

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X