• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

what has europe done for us debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what has europe done for us debate

There seems to be plenty of jobs !!

I work in the security section of a major international airport. We are responsible for issuing security passes for staff to access the restricted areas of the airport.

I would estimate that around 30% of all passes issued go to foreign persons. Mostly from the eastern bloc or Portugal.

Why do we need foreign baristas, cleaners and Big Issue sellers (seen an English one lately???).
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

My Step daughter (43) has been out of work for years, she says she is looking for work but there's nothing in the field she wants to work, my answer was that you have to take whatever is out there, you can't be choosy. Her attitude stinks, it doesn't shock me though as it seems to be the general answer everywhere, people don't take jobs because they can't be xxxxxxx or xxxxxxx instead of just doing anything to earn a crust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
        My Step daughter (43) has been out of work for years, she says she is looking for work but there's nothing in the field she wants to work, my answer was that you have to take whatever is out there, you can't be choosy. Her attitude stinks, it doesn't shock me though as it seems to be the general answer everywhere, people don't take jobs because they can't be xxxxxxx or xxxxxxx instead of just doing anything to earn a crust.

That's our fault, nothing to do with Europe, we all want better for our kids etc or so the saying goes and so.....
        WE have made a society where work if you want, don't if you don't.
        WE have made it ok to give housing as part of the fact you are 'over crowded' something being investigated now and bringing much trouble.
        WE have opened our country and welcomed anyone who comes here ( legally or not).
        WE have a brilliant National Health Service and medical staff second to none ( if run properly)
        WE have a Military Service second to none (if run properly)
        WE have elderly folks who have given not just part of their lives fighting for us, but have also given a fair amount of their earnings towards the Health Service and Pensions who are being denied their dues now.
        WE have an awful lot if we think about it, the fact is we are not in a position to share it or be told how to manage it until we get back on track.
        WE wont be back on track IMHO until we leave what we never really had and that is a true part of Europe

Comment

Totally agree with you Di, I was merely pointing out that there are those out there who are not willing to work and expect to have it handed to them on a plate and that is the fault of our governments both past and present, I just hope that whoever is in in the future does a better job.

Comment

I think our education system must bear some of the blame. Most (if not all) kids are encouraged to go to university. Many will come out with degrees in subjects that are of no earthly use whatsoever, but they still want a top (or near the top) job.

Personally I suggest that only the brightest get to go to uni (preferably for free or nearly free) to become doctors, lawyers, engineers etc.

The rest should do what I did. An apprenticeship in my chosen vocation, followed by college on a day release basis. That way you learn the real job whilst doing it.

I believe nursing may be going back that way.

Comment

Basa, that means that only private school educated kids go to uni .

I do agree with you on the useless subjects at Uni. I won't tell you my degree as it is kind of on topic for this specific thread.....
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

His degree is in Media Studies pmsl and he only has the face for radio

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                  Basa, that means that only private school educated kids go to uni .

I do agree with you on the useless subjects at Uni. I won't tell you my degree as it is kind of on topic for this specific thread.....
                  Why do you think 'bright' kids only come from private education? A quick look in the House of Commons dispels that myth !!

Admittedly you will probably get better teachers and teaching at private (and probably a good hiding if you don't do well), but places should be allocated according to A-Level exam results. Many good results come out of state schools.

Comment

Education is a farce in itself, all should be equal from day 1 we all accept that.
                    Even in a nursery class bullies appear, kids with shall we say 'advantages' become apparent, also kids who are truly willing to learn and enjoy education, a teacher imo should be able to recognise a child at such an early age. So many kids have slipped through the early years of education because of different health issues ie deafness, sight problems in the past and more recently illnesses such as Dyslexia.
                    A teacher is a very important part of our early years and therefore should have the highest respect from both the pupils and their parents, that is not the case today by a long chalk.
                    As we go to more child care ( often for the parents to further a career or even be able to afford to live) then that carer should be able to pick up on a child as much as a parent would.
                    If you put your child in care then its up to you to state its not all about just dumping the kid off while you work, you need to know exactly how your child is developing while in care. After all you may only get yer kid up, feed it, dump it , pick it up and put it in bed until it ever gets to school and beyond, how do you ever get to know it truly?
                    Just my thought s but we need to get to the very bottom of all our problems no matter what they are and the only way is through education SIMPLES lol

Comment

• Re: what has europe done for us debate

I went through post natal depression with my eldest wondering what the best to do - send my child to full time nursery and return back to work and spend 90% of my income paying someone else to raise my baby or give up work altogether. We went through so much financial hardship in the early years and were lucky enough to keep our home. I did give up work altogether, had a second baby and had loads of financial problems but have no regrets. I have two well adjusted teenagers who know that their mum is always there for them and is there to greet them when they get home from school and ask them how their day went. So sorry to sound so 1950's but I do think that is what this country is so lacking - some old fashioned values!!!!!

Comment

that is what I meant in my round about way lol

Comment

Fact is we should not be put between family or a life, family is life, things have got so bad though it does not seem possible for the two to be ever be together again

Comment

What has europe got instore for us we should be asking

Comment

Originally posted by salsmoss View Post
                              What has europe got instore for us we should be asking
                              Who cares if we actually vote NO in any referendum on membership of the EU?
                              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Do you honestly think we are going to have a referendum, do you really think any political party will allow it even if promised

Remember the supposed referendum on entering the Euro Currency, it went on for years the promises, and nothing happened

Politicians may do the talk, but not the walk, when has a politician ever told the truth and kept an election promise

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X