• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

what has europe done for us debate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what has europe done for us debate

Yeah,,new 'basic' English.....
    Man Dem
    Da Fam
    Innit Bruv
    Blat Blat Blat
    Peace out bredren
    Gunna whoop yer ass
    YOLO
    Ching Ching
    Reem
    WellJel
    I swear down blud

and my personal favourite ''Yo diggity'

I'm English and have to get the kids to translate,,what hope have 'foreign' folks got msl:

Comment

Wassay!

Comment

WORD..msl:

Comment

yeh text speech needs banning, im sure im the only person in the UK that spells and adds punctuation to texts!

Comment

Ok so what has Europe done for us, how about.....

So we can't get rid of parasites like the guy the with hook hands, Abu whatsit without a fight and a very costly one it is too
            We can't deport illegal immigrants without a fight
            We can't move travellers on, because of the human rights sh ite
            We... the British have to pay for a very expensive passport yet the rest of Europe can move freely with a very cheaply (and easily forged) ID card
            We pay a hell of a lot more for our petrol/diesel, yet in Europe its a lot cheaper
            We pay road tax, yet the Europeans come over here with their lorries and pay nothing
            We pay insurance (or most of us do), yet the Europeans come over here and don't have the same cover (if any)
            We pay in National Insurance (or those of us that work do), yet the Europeans can come over here, sign on and benefit from it all
            We pay in National Insurance (or those of us that work do), yet the Europeans come over and have NHS treatment and leave without contributing
            The EH 111 card is virtually worthless, so we still have to get ourselves covered for travel insurance, yet it doesn't work both ways, does it ?
            European workers over here have child benefit paid for their kids back home that have never set foot over here
            and please don't get me started on about how badly they treat their animals, ie the Romanian soldiers using dogs for target practice, the terrible conditions of slaughter houses and so on.

The good things hmmmm only one I can think of....

As a freight forwarding and courier company owner I can say that its a lot easier to move freight.

Comment

eep::faint::jaw::behindsofa:

Comment

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility.

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English".
                In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".. Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik
                enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f".. This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling.

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away.

By the 4th yer people wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v".

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vordskontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl.

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire View Post
                  Ok so what has Europe done for us, how about.....

So we can't get rid of parasites like the guy the with hook hands, Abu whatsit without a fight and a very costly one it is too
                  We can't deport illegal immigrants without a fight
                  We can't move travellers on, because of the human rights sh ite
                  We... the British have to pay for a very expensive passport yet the rest of Europe can move freely with a very cheaply (and easily forged) ID card
                  We pay a hell of a lot more for our petrol/diesel, yet in Europe its a lot cheaper
                  We pay road tax, yet the Europeans come over here with their lorries and pay nothing
                  We pay insurance (or most of us do), yet the Europeans come over here and don't have the same cover (if any)
                  We pay in National Insurance (or those of us that work do), yet the Europeans can come over here, sign on and benefit from it all
                  We pay in National Insurance (or those of us that work do), yet the Europeans come over and have NHS treatment and leave without contributing
                  The EH 111 card is virtually worthless, so we still have to get ourselves covered for travel insurance, yet it doesn't work both ways, does it ?
                  European workers over here have child benefit paid for their kids back home that have never set foot over here
                  and please don't get me started on about how badly they treat their animals, ie the Romanian soldiers using dogs for target practice, the terrible conditions of slaughter houses and so on.

The good things hmmmm only one I can think of....

As a freight forwarding and courier company owner I can say that its a lot easier to move freight.
                  I've read the judgement on the terrorist cases and I agree with the court based on their reasoning given. Unfortunately, out of the EU does not change the membership of the European Court of Human Rights.
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I was very fortunate in being able to take a trip to Dubai earlier this year, I and 2 others friends visited a friend who lives there.
                    We were made aware of the rules before we went and each of us read up on it as we didn't want to get in trouble or indeed embarrass our friend in anyway.
                    They are I believe a lot easier going than they used to be but break their rules and you are in deep do dah, shame our rules can not be respected in the same way as theirs.
                    Nothing to do with the thread maybe, but I think it would help us respect Europeans more if they had more respect for us.

Comment

What I can't understand is if someone comes over here and is illegal they are left alone until we take them to court and that can take ages, in the meantime they can disappear, sometimes and only sometimes are they placed in detention centres. Yet have the same scenario say somewhere like Australia and they don't get past immigration, its a case of not the right paperwork then that your lot, back on the first plane out of there.
                      Its a shame we don't do to same here.
                      Oh and I'm with Enaid on the above, you visit another country, you go by their rules and behave accordingly or else.

Comment

When in Rome do as the Romans do - the local will appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          When in Rome do as the Romans do - the local will appreciate it.
                          I am going to give a very funny example from my days working in the bank. A Spanish person came into the branch to open an account(i speak Spanish but was working in one of the sub branches) and this was what was told to me. Someone asked "does anyone speak spanish?" One guy said yes, so my col****** said can you ask her if she has her passport on her? The guy went up to her and in a loud tone of voice and very slowly said " DO YOU HAVE YOUR PASSPORT?!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                            I am going to give a very funny example from my days working in the bank. A Spanish person came into the branch to open an account(i speak Spanish but was working in one of the sub branches) and this was what was told to me. Someone asked "does anyone speak spanish?" One guy said yes, so my col****** said can you ask her if she has her passport on her? The guy went up to her and in a loud tone of voice and very slowly said " DO YOU HAVE YOUR PASSPORT?!!!!"

Did she have it with her? lol

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                              Did she have it with her? lol
                              I never found out, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                Why doesn't col****** pass the swear filter?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X