• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sarannie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarannie

Hello everyone, I was so pleased to find this forum and would be relieved if someone can give me some help please. I have been in touch with trading standards but the advice was a bit woolly.
    This is my story: I need advice about whether to take action against a Toni & Guy salon. I saved hard to take my 12 year old daughter there for a birthday treat following an illness. I explained she had been ill and that she had been experimenting with hair colour so it wasn't in the best condition - I explained this several times clearly.
    We chose the hair colour from their colour book and explained the cut.They applied the colour, which was meant to be a golden blonde, and it came out the lightest bleached blonde. I am very bad at complaining and so I paid £156. My daughter was devastated and after a few minutes to recover outside the salon we went back in & explained that it was the wrong colour. They re-did it all again and it still wasn't right - brownish with gingery roots. By this time my daughter had been sitting in the chair for 6 hours, was tired & hungry and unhappy.Her scalp was sore from all the chemicals they had used. The communication was appalling and there was no care or sensitivity. They allowed us to walk out at the end without a word. They all had their bags & coats to go home.
    I e-mailed the head office and explained it all. They offered to re-do it at the salon but I explained that they'd already done that and it still wasn't right.I asked for a part refund in the form of vouchers so that we could go to a different salon. They refused this although they said we could go to another salon to have it re-corrected.
    This went on and on and I have become more and more upset. As it was time to return to school after the holidays I did her hair myself. I did keep requesting that they part refund me and they kept refusing saying they had done everything they could.
    I then referred everything back to the salon owner/franchisee sending her copies of the e-mails and putting my complaint in writing. I had no response.
    The latest thing I have done is to send the salon a letter by recorded delivery telling them of my intention to take this further and giving them 7 days to respond. That was 8 days ago. I think this is what has made me more upset than the actual incident itself - the total silence and brick wall as if we don't matter at all.
    I do have a photo of her 'white' hair but it was taken on a phone and isn't very good so I'm not sure whether it would act as evidence at all.
    I am a sole carer to my disabled husband and £156 is an enormous amount of money. It has left me completely exhausted fighting them but I feel as if they have taken my money and given appalling service without any care for their customer.
    Do you think I have a case to go to the petty claims court, we are on Income Support so I understand it would be free (however, would this apply if I lost?). Should I just forget it and move on?
    So sorry this is so long.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X