• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer Claims Harrington Jones Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Claims Harrington Jones Ltd

I had a lot of calls from Consumer Claims, Harrington Jones Ltd in Guernsey back in 2015/16 around PPI Claims. I had a number of potential Claims and they were pretty relentless, so I signed a form saying they could look into it back in 2016. I received various payments, and was told by consumer Claims,they dealt with everything and would invoice me what was owed. I spoke to them when they called to say what was owed. I said it didn't seem the right amount but was assured they were on top of the billing and this was the amount due.i paid and that was that.

On Friday last week a letter arrived with an invoice demanding £1,750 within 14 days, as their fee for a payment made to me back in January 2018. The letter states 'We have only recently been made aware of this successful settlement. (Name of company) did not correctly inform us at the time and it is due to some recent audit and routine checks that we have undertaken on your claim that this has come to light" they go on to say "we appreciate there has been a long delay in sending out your invoice, however if (the company) or you correctly informed us about your settlement (as per the terms of the agreement) when you received your ppi refund, we would have invoiced you sooner. We have enclosed the proof of settlement and your signed terms of agreement....."

I would say again, I did query the amount I was invoiced and asked if they had included all payments. I was assured they had. I remember that clearly.

I don't have £1750 to give them so i called and said so, and that i had queried the amount at the time. The woman adked me to email with proposals gor a payment plan and evidence of my inability to pay. She was very careful in her use of language and I felt she was pushing me into saying things... I don't know if the conversation was recorded. Help? What do I do now??

Thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X