• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Refunds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refunds

I purchased some paving online. On the day of delivery the store contacted me to say the item was actually out of stock.

I went to the store directly and switched it to a new item, and it was a little cheaper and they refunded me the difference.

Only to find they have called me again to say the new item is also out of stock!

They are now saying for me to get a refund, I have to return to the store to process it.

I can't believe I should have to do an hours round trip to get a refund, surely they have to refund me online?

Anyone know my rights in this situation?
    Tags: None

When they refunded you at the store*, how did they do it? I presume that when you originally bought and paid online that you paid by credit card or debit card. Did they refund the difference by the same method?

You could try putting s20(16) of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (legislation.gov.uk) to them. That says that when a consumer is entitled to a refund because of faulty etc goods that the refund must be made using the same method as the original payment. I know your case isn't about faulty goods but you could argue by analogy that the goods being out of stock is essentially the same scenario. You're entitled to your money back and to be refunded using the method by which you paid.

* When you went to the store, did they just refund you the difference (ie one transaction) or did they refund you 100% of the original amount and you then paid the new lowere price (ie two transactions)?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X