• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claims management company ripping me off?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claims management company ripping me off?

I’m a chauffeur, so our vehicles are licensed as private hire. In the event of an accident, my vehicle, in particular is very hard to source. So when in a recent none fault accident, I went with a claims local claims management company that had the same vehicle available so that I would be able to honour work.

The deal was, they take 10% from whatever I get back. I weighed it up, and the 10% was less than what I would lose in earnings.

But then..

The engineer value of the car at £13.5k

Salvage value is £1350

so the letter from the solicitors related to the Claims management company said I should expect to £12,100 minus to 10%

As I understand it, if I’m paying for the salvage, I get my car back, because it is repairable. The Claims management guy seems to think that he keeps it.

I am meeting him in an hour, as he didn’t want to talk on the phone.

Clearly, I’ve made a massive mistake and will learn a lesson here, but this guy is fishy.

Can anybody enlighten me on the actual law before I meet him?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X