• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty iPhone Consumer Rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty iPhone Consumer Rights

I purchased an expensive Apple iPhone from a well known retailer 2 years and seven months ago.
    The product came with a two year garuntee. Obviously, it is now seven months past that period.

Yesterday, it stopped working. It is in pristine condition, has never been manhandled or damaged and all original.
    I have done some extensive digging online and it looks like it may have water damage. It has never been submursed in water though from what I am reading, it would seem that even a few spots of rain can cause this issue as with age, apparently the water tightness around the earpiece on this device can fail particularly if it has ever over-heated. The device was marketed as 'water resistent' IP68.

My question is, how likely is it that the retailer will consider looking at the device or repairing/replacing it with the consumer rights act in mind?
    The total cost for this product was £1099.00. I do not think that two years and seven months is an acceptable amount of time for a product to last until it goes catastrophically wrong, particularly given it's pristine condition. Things don't last forever, but I really do not think that for the cost of this product, it should already be completely un-usable.

I understand from some online websites that there is a slot on the side of the phone which has a water contact identifier. It is some kind of material that goes red if it gets wet. I am going to try and get one of the small pins that opens this slot to check but I would be very surprised to see any indication of water damage as it has never been near water.

I would be most grateful of any suggestions or ideas on what I can do in this sitituation. I am yet to contact the retailer as the phone failed whilst I was away and I had no way of contacting anyone.
    Thanks in advance.

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X