• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kia Sportage bought new, what are my rights to reject the car after 2.5 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Sportage bought new, what are my rights to reject the car after 2.5 years

Hi there

So my Kia was purchased in October 2019.
    July 8th this year it developed a squealing fault. After calling the dealer they said do not drive the vehicle and get it recovered to us.
    They inspected it and it has a hybrid tensioner issue (warranty covered) and there are a lot of Sportage cars affected by the faulty part.
    Also it appears reading further some of the previous recalls were to do with this issue when they replaced and/or tightened crankshaft bolts. I am in the process of requesting all service records and recalls that have been made on the vehicle.

Currently parts are still not available in the UK and are on back order. The dealer cannot tell me when parts are due or when it will be repaired.
    Kia have said parts will be available from the end of October but subject to change.

My PCP ends in November.

The dealer will not give me a PX value so it is looking like at the end of the pcp I will have my balloon payment to pay with no car to trade in or sell to fund this.

Where do I stand. Can I section 75 on Kia, the dealer or the finance company.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X