• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halfords - Not responding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfords - Not responding

Good Afternoon,

I will try and keep this brief but I am looking for advice on where to go next.

Last month, I had my car in at the dealership as I needed my brakes and discs replacing. Afterwards, I was advised to maybe look into having my tyres changed as they were getting worn (3mm). I looked around at various garages and sites and eventually decided I’d get Halfords Tyres on the drive to come out as I work from home.

After three days I had this awful steering issue and under braking my car was going to the left. I contacted my local dealership and asked them could they do a diagnostic and let me know.

Upon inspection they found that the two front rims on the inside had been completely sheered as it hadn’t been put on the machine correctly used to take the tyres off the rim. The damage on the front alloys has completely scratched the brake discs to shreds and rendered the car un driveable. The damage has now meant I require two brand new alloys as well as new brakes and pads on the front of the car.

The bill I have received for this is in excess of £2000. I’ve tried to contact Halfords and they are trying to say there technician took photos of the car and it looks fine (these are photos of the front of the alloys). They are also trying to say the brakes are fair wear and tear which I would usually agree on had they not actually been replaced with genuine parts two weeks earlier. They have not even made any attempt at offering a resolution or even a contribution towards the repairs or my original tyres (which also had to been taken of the rims and put back on properly by the dealership). I’ve also had a case ongoing with them for months after there technician installed a dashcam straight into the fuse box and blew it up outside the shop, which they also offered no compensation/solution. Luckily after the car was recovered to the dealership, the dealer made an exception and covered this under warranty as the car was only 3 days old. It is my fault and I shouldn’t have returned after the first incident however I do not know what rights I have in recovering the funds I now have to pay for repairs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X