• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Builder Refusing to honour his contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder Refusing to honour his contract

Hi, I began an extension on my property about 2.5 months ago, and the work schedule and contract was for an 8-12 week time frame for delivery.

We are now 10 weeks in, and they are approx 7 weeks behind schedule according to the work schedule produced, and over the last 2 weeks no one has been on site.

The developer keeps making promises but none of them come to fruition, and it is becoming very clear that he has no intention of completing the build and all form of trust has been lost from my side.

The property has been left insecure, and with the corner of the property exposed for underpinning/concrete, with my kitchen ripped out and the kitchen floor completely dug up by approx 2 feet and is now just soil. The opening for the window was incorrectly built and needs moving, the boiler has still not been moved, internal walls to be demolished, props and steels to be installed, vellum sky lights promised to have been delivered 2 weeks ago have not shown up etc etc etc

I have the builders address and Public Liability details, and was wondering if I should wait until the final day of the agreed contract date before taking legal action.

Literally every message he had sent contained lies, and he even lied in front of me when fobbing of another customer on the phone. He cannot be trusted and I want to ensure I put actions in place to either force him to complete the work, and pay compensation, or kick him of the build and claim damages against him or his insurance for property damage, rent as I will have to rent somewhere as I have no kitchen, and agreed to stay with friends until the contract end date but cannot continue where I am. Plus the stress of finding a new builder, destroying my old kitchen etc etc etc.

He has over £20,000 of my money to date as I paid for each stage of the build schedule according to his contract, although thought the expectations re amounts were high, I obviously did not appreciate how little each phase involved early on, yet he has made them the most expensive. I personally think he then planned to walk off anyway as he had the bulk of the cash he wanted.

Can anyone help?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X