• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Broken Gym Contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Gym Contract

Hi all. My gym closed their premises and moved to the other side of the city from me. I can't go to the new one as it's too far.

When I started I paid a fee of £47. This was because the gym had an offer of 3.99 a week, but the DD was for £16 month which leaves about a £16 a year to pay. The price was locked for 3 years, so the £47 is the surplus x 3 years.

The gym closed after 3 months of me going, so that £47 has been wasted and I want it back. I asked the gym for a pro-rata refund, but they are saying they paid a promoter who took that money as payment and they can't refund what they didn't get. I don't dispute they did pay a company, but this promoting company wore the gyms clothing and I signed on the gym premises.

I emailed the finance company who were adding fees on for unpaid DD despite the dact gym had closed. They finally agreed to cancel things and my account with the finance company DFC is now terminated.

My question is, do I go after the finance company for the £47 or the gym? Or is it a lost cause completely with a the promoters getting the cash?

Any help appreciated thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X