• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

In a bit of a pickle!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a bit of a pickle!

Hello everybody and thank you for any help anybody can give.

I ordered a mobile telephone through a third party provider over a week ago and the telephone was delivered and I set it up and everything was dandy. Then I had a text from the service provider stating “we are sorry you are leaving us” I had not asked to leave as this was a new contract, so I called the network provider telling them I did not want to leave. I was told the company that had supplied the phone had asked for the sim to be deactivated as the telephone had not left the warehouse. (I had it in hand and was using it)
    The operator told me to contact the supplier, so I did.
    I was told by a company representative that the company did not want to supply the contract due to a “Unilateral mistake” I argued we were now in contract and I was unaware of any pricing error on their end when I took out the contract and I would be willing to file a lawsuit in order to get the contract I signed up for. The representative told me Customer services would contact me the following day. I continued using the telephone as I thought great they have seen sense. After the telephone call I received an email telling me they were sorry they could not fulfill my order and it was cancelled but also I had emails asking me to give them a 10/10 review with the network provider and asking if I needed help setting up my new phone etc, so I thought it was probably sent in error

3 days later, I received a telephone call from a lady representative but I told her I did not have the 15 minutes the call would take to spare as I had an appointment. as yet I do not know where I stand with the company, they are calling me tomorrow.

I believe they are going to be asking for the telephone to be returned but this is where it gets a bit messy.
    their terms state that handsets returned need to be in pristine condition ( I have read online reports of this company charging when the handset has been used)
    also I am now in a 24 month contract with the service provider, I only took out the contract as it included a handset in the contract?

can a court order me to return the handset due to the “unilateral mistake” and still have to fulfill the service provider contract? As I understand it
    both parties have to be returned to where they were as if the contract never existed?
    i have purchased telephone cases for the handset, I have paid my first bill and I am in a contract with EE for 24 month so? (Who foots my costs?)
    the handset is now used, Will I have to pay the company for using a handset, I thought was mine?

what chance have I of fighting this in court? I did not know there was a misprice, when taking out the contract.

This is a terrible strain on myself, I suffer from mental health problems and this is not helping me at all, the stress is keeping me awake at night.

please help and thank you for any replies.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X