• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deposit refund for non collection of goods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deposit refund for non collection of goods

Hi there guys,

I have a quick question regarding deposit payments...In a nutshell I took a deposit of 50% for three custom products. These products take a few weeks to be made. After the products were completed the customer was notified their products were completed. The customer had some issues arranging collection/delivery as they were busy. After hearing nothing back form them after 1 month the customer got in touch stating he would like to collect soon...again the customer disappeared. I had contacted the customer a couple more times stating they need to either collect or alternatively pay the remaining balance and I can store the items for him indefinitely. Once again the customer did not get in touch and another 2 months passed.

Fast forward to this week and the customer has got back in touch apologising for not being in contact as he was busy, but he would now like for me to arrange to have them delivered to him. Unfortunately after Christmas was over and I didn't hear back from him I dismantled the products and used them for parts.

So my question is am I legally obliged to return his deposit or supply him with the products? (It was approx 4 months since the customer was notified his products were ready)

I am a sole trader, the customer paid via card online and no contract or terms were discussed specifically.

Kind Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X