• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tesla - Breach of contract, what can I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla - Breach of contract, what can I do?

Hi Everyone, hoping someone can help me.
    I have an audi on personal lease which expires in May. I visited Tesla bristol and test drove the tesla 3. Loved it and got a quote to lease it from May through my small Ltd company, over 48 months. Tesla use a 3rd party for leasing where the down payment is 3 months (as in this case). All the paperwork I signed included a May delivery date. At no time was advised that the offer was only valid for March deliveries and none of their paperwork included this. My order was accepted, finance agreed and approved with ALD, and a £100 order processing fee charged to me. I then was given a March delivery. I e-mailed and got no response so I called and advised I wanted a May delivery. No problem I was told, I would be contacted towards the end of April and a new car allocated to me for May delivery. Again, I was not advised that there would any additional charges. I had a strange e-mail on the 11th April stating I needed to get finance approved. It transpired that Tesla, with no communication to me had cancelled my lease with ALD (I called ALD and they confirmed that Tesla informed them it wasn't going ahead on the 8th April with no reason given and this was never relayed to me) I've had numerous conversations with various staff and asked to speak to a manager repeatedly but to no avail. Tesla are now stating that the deal was only available on March deliveries and I will need to pay extra. If I don't want to go ahead my £100 order processing fee will not be refunded. I've checked and rechecked all of my paperwork and correspondence. Everything is specified with May delivery date and no mention of March anywhere. This seems like a blatant breach of contract. Can I just take them to the small claims for the difference? I've no idea what to do, I'm without a car on the 18th of May, and I can't even get anyone at tesla to speak to me.

Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Tony
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X