• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON !!!!** IVANIDEA v BPS... hearing 30th April **WON**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *WON !!!!** IVANIDEA v BPS... hearing 30th April **WON**

docs to follow [MENTION=61432]Ivanidea666[/MENTION]

CLAIM FORM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd February 2015, 08:33:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: *** IVANIDEA v BPS... issued 29th Dec

Docs.
    Attached Files
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Has been defended and N180 has been submitted. Waiting on court date and directions now.
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

basically like everyone else i went onto their site by mistake after being directed there by google.....however, after giving them the date and time of my flight they made me an appointment at Peterborough Passport Office on the morning of the day that i was flying out....while it was not impossible for me to have left Peterborough with a new passport at around 1.30/ 2 pm and then get to Stansted airport to fly out by 5.45 pm it would not have been easy and i regard this as them not having provided me with the service that they claim to have done
        Ivan
        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Accidental defence entered

Dear Sirs CLAIM NO.

Last year on June 7th I went onto the British Passport Services Ltd / Uk Services and Support Ltd website to make an appointment for a passport renewal at Peterborough Passport Office.

I provided them with all the necessary information including the date and time of my flight, which was to fly to xxxxx from Stansted airport at 5.45PM on June 11th.

On June 8th I received an email confirming an appointment for the morning of June 11th at 9.30 am i.e. the morning of my flight!

I considered that it was an almost impossible expectation. i.e. to travel to Peterborough Passport Office, to have the appointment (hope that they were running to time), to wait 4 hours while the passport was processed, then get back to my parked car, leave Peterborough city centre and travel over 60 miles to the airport, park my car, get a courtesy bus to the airport, go to check-in for my bags, pass through security and get to my departure gate. I am sure that you will agree and that this element of the service was therefore not provided.

I therefore contacted British Passport Services Ltd several times using the designated “helpline” telephone number and quoting their 5 digit cancellation code, in order to try to cancel the appointment and re-schedule for a more manageable appointment time.

Their recorded message saying that it might have worked was appalling and in no way helpful or satisfactory, rather it was shoddy and unprofessional at best – and was not providing the service that they claimed. I never received any confirmation of cancellation or another appointment time and felt that had not provided any service!

The confirmation letter that they deem to be part of their service was addressed to the wrong person at a neighbouring BUT WRONG address and it was sheer luck that it did arrive with me, again demonstrating their lack of service and lack of fulfilment of any “service”. In addition, I recall that this letter arrived with me on the day of the appointment.

I thought that was the end of the matter until last November when I started receiving texts, emails and phone calls demanding that I pay the outstanding amount of £117.60.

Despite them bullying and attempting to intimidate me I have refused to pay British Passport Services Ltd the amount of £117.60 as it is clear to me that they did not provide the service that they claimed.

It is a shame that British Passport Services Ltd were not so attentive in providing me with a suitable appointment date and a “service”, as they were in harassing me for payment of their non-service.

The appointment that they made for me at Peterborough Passport Office for 11/06/2014 at 9.30am was completely useless to me and in no way provided a “service”. If British Passport Services Ltd think that this is an acceptable level of service and worthy of taking me to court for, I am astounded.

In summary therefore, I do not consider that I owe this money because the time of the appointment that they made for me at Peterborough Passport Office was grossly inappropriate, the letter was addressed to the wrong person at an incorrect address, and their helpline was anything but helpful i.e. they did not provide the services they agreed to.

I trust that you will agree with me and dismiss this claim.

Yours sincerely

#staysafestayhome

Comment

[MENTION=61432]Ivanidea666[/MENTION] - have you heard anything from the court since entering your N180 ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi I originally ticked the box for mediation when I sent back acknowledgement of service etc. The court rang me to discuss making an appointment for mediation but when I indicated that didn't consider that I owed BPS anything and wouldn't be willing to compromise they said that the mediation service wasn't suitable for me and that I'd be hearing from them soon with a court date etc.

Comment

Good stuff ... so wait and see time then. You should be preparing your witness statement and putting together evidences in the meantime though. See AngiT's thread for an idea of witness statement ...
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay cheers....I'll get to work straight away!
                  Last edited by Ivanidea666; 25th February 2015, 17:44:PM. Reason: Predictive text

Comment

Hi I've just received notice that my case has been transferred to my local county court at Kings Lynn....as yet there is no date set though.

Comment

Cool, it is usually transferred first then the Judge at KL will send out directions and poss a hearing date xx
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi I've just received court date April 30th at Kings Lynn Norfolk...I just need to finish my witness statement and 'm in business. ...Has anybody actually been to cort yet? Regards Ivan

Comment

Re: *** IVANIDEA v BPS... issued 29th Dec - been allocated waiting hearing date/direc

Not yet, the first one is listed a couple of days before yours.

Comment

If you are working on your witness statement post it up when you have finished and we will have to work in the legal arguments that should really have been in your defence. When is the witness statement due to be filed?

Comment

Hi they have to have it at least 14 days before my court date...so that would be before 16th April I guess....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X