• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !!!! tyke1601 vs BPS - Hearing 1st June - WON COUNTERCLAIM DAMAGES !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WON !!!! tyke1601 vs BPS - Hearing 1st June - WON COUNTERCLAIM DAMAGES !!!!!!

lol, ummm no. And good that its just been refused point blank, I was getting a bit worried as they were taking so bloody long.

I'd be asking him for the money again now, and cc Mike Andrews at trading standards ( as Richard will likely come back and say you need to contact him before you can be paid).
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: WON !!!! tyke1601 vs BPS - Hearing 1st June - WON COUNTERCLAIM DAMAGES !!!!!!

Amethyst I haven't heard a dickie bird off Mike Andrews since I forwarded him that email. I have been beginning to think Howard was taking the pee with that reply. Like saying contact the primeminister for your money as you have got no chance. Like his last V sign to me. Do you seriously think Mike Andrews would be involved in sanctioning what cheques he signs? I am confused

Comment

Surely unless his business is in liquidation or administration he will control funds in and funds out. Has Howard been intimating that he is unable to process payments out of his company's account?

Comment

To be fair to him, part of his bail conditions are that he can't take/spend money - BUT he can clear stuff with TS, it isn't down to the customer - he's just trying to be awkward, hence why cc'ing Mike visibily on an email to him might be an idea.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

pmsl, just read your email to him.... if you cc Mike maybe be a little more formal xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

This is a redacted copy of the appeal made my Richard Howard, and the appeal refusal.

APPEAL

2015-08-25 08_05_26-Appelant's notice Pg 2.jpg (JPEG Image, 695*×*1000 pixels) - Scaled (87%).png2015-08-25 08_05_08-Appelant's notice Pg 3.jpg (JPEG Image, 695*×*1000 pixels) - Scaled (87%).png

REFUSAL

2015-08-25 08_02_03-Passport lunatics court claims.png2015-08-25 08_02_23-Passport lunatics court claims.png
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Very very good.

Comment

I love the ''any problem'' quote the judge referred to.

Comment

Yes, it sounds like his temper was wearing a bit thin by that paragraph, and the resulting sarcasm is only thinly veiled.

Comment

I quite like the fact that the court bought up Vidal v Google of its own accord. We didn't respond to the appellants notice ( it didn't get as far as requiring a respondents notice) everything in that refusal for appeal is from the circuit judge reading the appeal and the previous case papers. So for him to bring that up in detail is a pretty damn good sign for the future of DPA breaches where there was no actual loss /damage but you were put at risk of loss /damage - .... eg. Ashley Madison for instance.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2015/311.html

Need more coffee before I can recall if I've already read that.....

Comment

You will have.

105 - The present case falls on the Benkharbouche rather than the Chester side of the line. What is required in order to make section 13(2) compatible with EU law is the disapplication of section 13(2), no more and no less. The consequence of this would be that compensation would be recoverable under section 13(1) for any damage suffered as a result of a contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of the DPA. No legislative choices have to be made by the court.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Can someone enlighten me about Mike Andrews role in all this and give me his email address? Howard not responding to emails and it's time to send the dogs in.

Comment

I emailed you his address ?

Mike Andrews is part of the trading standards team dealing with the BPS case, as Richard Howard is currently under bail conditions he has to clear any payments in or out of the business with Trading Standards ( as they have seized his assets ). Richard should clear anything with TS, but he is tending to come back to people wanting payment of their costs telling them to ask Mike. I don't believe Mike can make the payment but he can tell Richard it is okay to pay it.

I would get your warrant of control applied for if you don't get a response by end of play tomorrow.
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Morning I have spoken to Andy Butters this morning to clarify what is going on regarding court costs for the people who have won and had them awarded. Basically he said they have blocked him using his accounts from his ill gotten gains and at this moment we would be wasting our time and money trying to enforce the court costs. He said they are hoping to prosecute in early October and will be seeking compensation for people. I asked if he meant the court costs but think he meant for those people who actually paid and have complained, he wasn't very clear on this. He has told me to hang fire were his words until after the court case and said the court cost still legally stands but we would be wasting our money at present pursuing them.

Hope this helps anybody expecting there court costs anytime soon.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X