• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    I can't see that not getting details of the recorded call in the SAR can have any bearing on the strength of your complaint. Likewise the secured loan details.

Unless you can come up with something that establishes an agency relationship between D4AL and WFS it's difficult to see where you can take it to be honest.
    Ok thank-you for your reply - but one silly question, how do I establish that then ? I thought Welcome and Dial4ALoan were one of the same and both owned by Cattles.

Comment

I don't know if you can. I don't think the ownership of the companies matters. It's whether D4AL acted on behalf WFS and Aviva as an agent and in FOS's view they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        I don't know if you can. I don't think the ownership of the companies matters. It's whether D4AL acted on behalf WFS and Aviva as an agent and in FOS's view they didn't.
        Oh ok thanks again EXC, but if anyone has experienced a similar situation, I would fully appreciate any further comments.

Comment

Bumping this one up for you Bazza,

I'm having trouble downloading a min, but will check on this again later on.

I will say though, I know it can be a right pain in trying to establish a relationship, but have you tried to contact cattles as well, because I do know many have done this with the fact they did take over or come under the same relationship, if not then no harm in giving it a go if you want to, see if they come back with anything for you.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Bumping this one up for you Bazza,

I'm having trouble downloading a min, but will check on this again later on.

I will say though, I know it can be a right pain in trying to establish a relationship, but have you tried to contact cattles as well, because I do know many have done this with the fact they did take over or come under the same relationship, if not then no harm in giving it a go if you want to, see if they come back with anything for you.:tinysmile_twink_t2:
            Hi di and thanks for your comments.

If you can come up with anything it would be appreciated as becoming frustrated with this one as seems that FOS are adamant that there is no relationship and Aviva / Norwich Union are not responsible either (see my attached FOS response) even though they have breached their code of practice dealing with unregulated companies.

I need to somehow establish some sort of agency relationship but don't know what next to do. The adjudicator has given me until 15 Sept to come up with something before option to pass to ombudsman.

Sorry to seem stupid but how would I or what would I send cattles ?

Cheers

Bazza

Comment

Bazza, just replied to your pm whilst scanning i have prbs downloading but will do when scan fully completed, mine is quite slow lol x

Comment

Just an up-date on the situation regarding my complaint that is still with the FOS Adjudicator.

I had been trying to establish a relationship between Dial4ALoan Ltd (the broker) and Welcome Finance (the lender) in which I managed to obtain copies of commission / brokerage payments between the two parties. Does this constitute an agency relationship ?

I today received a transcript from the adjudicator confirming details of the initial conversation with my OH with the broker. What bothers me is that there is no mention of the sale price of the insurance, only one line 'that is with protection' but the figures and terms of the loan are completely different ?

There are no details of any conversations regarding the sale with myself, yet only with my OH who was not even covered !

We eventually received the agreement from Progressive Financial Services trading as WFS where the insurance was added but no Dial4ALoan Ltd documentation explaining PPI figures and coverage details.

Any assistance would be appreciated but I feel that the Ombudsman will agree with the adjudicator as the broker was unregulated at the time of sale of loan and it was they who sold the policy and not Welcome.

Comment

Well sorry to reopen old post but did not want to open a new thread.

Ou Loan was transferred from Welcome to Coast Fianance Solutions in June 2018.

We have finally received an Ombudsman's decision (only taken six and a half years) regarding the original PPI mis-sale Complaint in which has been rejected.

But we had previously recieved a PPI Non-disclosure Commission offer refund from Welcome, in which was accepted in May 2018 (before transfer to Coast in June 2018), no funds had been transferred or offset against outstanding balance until this day.

We continued to pursue Welcome for status of payment in which has been ignored.

Account balance transferred to Coast Finance Solutions was therefore incorrect and further complaints were submitted in which again still to this day have not been fully addressed. They even had the liberty in submitting a Notification of Recoveries Letter in which again we disputed on the basis that our complaints responses were outstanding.

This did cause some distress and upset to myself and my wife as they insisted that the balance outstanding was correct.

Charge on our property has now been changed from Progressive Financial Services to Coast Finance Solutions on last checking with the Land Resgistry.

Therefore we decided to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding our circumstances and they contacted Welcome regarding the Undisclosed Commission Refund status.

FOS have now responded advising that our account is being repurchased back from Coast and they will be exercising their right to offset against the debt outstanding and no payment will be made direct to us. A letter dated 5th March has been dispatched to explain this and have attached a redacted copy. It was only addressed to me and did not include my wife even though it was a joint loan on the same property?

They have also attached a final loan statement advising a debt sale bad debt write off for amount double what should had been refunded (as of May 2018) and Nil balance outstanding?

If this is correct and all above board, will the charge on our property be removed and if so how is this done?

Sorry to bleat on but we would appreciate any further thoughts to the above mentioned.

img20190320_12525351.pdf

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                    Well sorry to reopen old post but did not want to open a new thread.

Ou Loan was transferred from Welcome to Coast Fianance Solutions in June 2018.

We have finally received an Ombudsman's decision (only taken six and a half years) regarding the original PPI mis-sale Complaint in which has been rejected.

But we had previously recieved a PPI Non-disclosure Commission offer refund from Welcome, in which was accepted in May 2018 (before transfer to Coast in June 2018), no funds had been transferred or offset against outstanding balance until this day.

We continued to pursue Welcome for status of payment in which has been ignored.

Account balance transferred to Coast Finance Solutions was therefore incorrect and further complaints were submitted in which again still to this day have not been fully addressed. They even had the liberty in submitting a Notification of Recoveries Letter in which again we disputed on the basis that our complaints responses were outstanding.

This did cause some distress and upset to myself and my wife as they insisted that the balance outstanding was correct.

Charge on our property has now been changed from Progressive Financial Services to Coast Finance Solutions on last checking with the Land Resgistry.

Therefore we decided to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service regarding our circumstances and they contacted Welcome regarding the Undisclosed Commission Refund status.

FOS have now responded advising that our account is being repurchased back from Coast and they will be exercising their right to offset against the debt outstanding and no payment will be made direct to us. A letter dated 5th March has been dispatched to explain this and have attached a redacted copy. It was only addressed to me and did not include my wife even though it was a joint loan on the same property?

They have also attached a final loan statement advising a debt sale bad debt write off for amount double what should had been refunded (as of May 2018) and Nil balance outstanding?

If this is correct and all above board, will the charge on our property be removed and if so how is this done?

Sorry to bleat on but we would appreciate any further thoughts to the above mentioned.

[ATTACH]n1456979[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking.

Not sure , sorry. As you know Welcome are in default and are unlikely to refund on anything. Welcome have tried and failed to pursue us for " arrears" on an account they cannot find any details of. Perhaps it's worth Contacting the FSCS, we have and have had to get details off the Ombudsman going back eight years ago so FSCS can see how far we got.. Good luck!
                    Last edited by dogtired; 1st April 2019, 08:42:AM.
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X