• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Finance PPI Reclaim continued

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Not sure on that one, hope someone does!
    Cheers Dogtired and hope someone can as all seems a bit confusing as to this day I am sure Welcome called me to confirm loan had been agreed and agreement details in post for signing and return ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      Cheers Dogtired and hope someone can as all seems a bit confusing as to this day I am sure Welcome called me to confirm loan had been agreed and agreement details in post for signing and return ?
      More than likely they did, dodgy bunch!
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
        More than likely they did, dodgy bunch!
        I know and its so frustrating and I have had enough of dealing with this lot. I hope someone can kindly respond to my earlier comments.

Cheers & g/l

Comment

I know and its so frustrating and I have had enough of dealing with this lot. I hope someone can kindly respond to my earlier comments.

Cheers & g/l
          Thank you and you too, if it hadn't been for the help of LB I would have given up long ago !:beagle2222:
          Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Second complaint sent to FOS in respect of Welcome and it is still being investigated but recently received a call asking if I had any details establishing any relationship between various parties ? Would this be something between the broker and the lender ? Or would it be some sort of information between Underwriters and the broker does anyone know ?
            I would say the broker & lender but can't you ask FOS for clarification?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
              I would say the broker & lender but can't you ask FOS for clarification?
              Thanks for EXC.

I did ask FOS but the girl was slightly unsure in which was worrying :tinysmile_cry_t:

I do have copies of internal brokerage / commission payments between Dial4ALoan and Welcome in which I have already forwarded to FOS. Would this be suffice does anyone know ?

Also may I ask, if Welcome were GISC regulated in February 2003 before I took out the loan, will they still fall under the FOS jurisdiction ?

Sorry for all the questions but my faith in FOS at the moment has slightly waned somewhat !

Cheers

Comment

I think you might have been unlucky with who took your call. If in doubt try again.

It looks like FOS recognize Gisc but I haven't read fully:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...les-codes.html

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...s-codes.html#x

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  I think you might have been unlucky with who took your call. If in doubt try again.

It looks like FOS recognize Gisc but I haven't read fully:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...les-codes.html

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...s-codes.html#x
                  Thanks again Exc and on reading details it confirms that they do recognise GISC but I will call FOS again for clarity.

Welcome are still trying to shift the blame onto the broker (who was not regulated at the time) but I have never had any prior dealings with Dial4ALoan or signed anything to agree to PPI apart from details submitted by Welcome.

The frustrating thing is I have explained this to FOS on numerous occasions and that no details have ever been provided proving this apart from internal brokerage / commission sheets between broker / lender.

Comment

The FSA were never clear or definitive on brokers in the 10/12 Policy Statement (the PPI rules bible) and it only gets a brief mention on pages 37 & 38.

Try word searching something like 'PPI broker' on the FOS site and it might bring up some case studies.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes I just read it. Ok thanks again and I will see what I come up with.

Comment

Wasn't this broker owned by Welcome through their parent company Cattles?

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                          Wasn't this broker owned by Welcome through their parent company Cattles?
                          That's what I thought and when I googled it, both companies are mentioned under Cattles. Welcome mentioned in their letter that they worked closely with Dial 4 A Loan as I had asked about their relationship. Cattles bought Welcome in 1994 and Dial 4 A Loan in 2001.

Can anyone confirm this and would that confirm that Welcome are responsible for the PPI mis-selling ?

Comment

I have today received FOS adjudicator's letter rejecting my PPI complaint in which I have attached copies of details received. Please could any experts on here kindly have a look and advise if it is still worthwhile referring to the Ombudsman on the basis of the comments made ?

My main concern is that FOS mention that they have listened to a call recording between Dial4ALoan and my OH in which when I had originally requested details via various SAR's there was no evidence or any record details of any conversation ? Can I ask FOS for details or do I need to go back to Dial4ALoan requesting information ?

There is also another concern with the copy of details provided regarding Secured Loan amounts sheet, in which was also not previously provided, in which is not even on any headed paper ????

This has been a very frustrating complaint with all concerned, including FOS but am I fighting a dead duck ? I would appreciate any assistance in providing a response or any advice on what to do next.

Thank-you
                            Attached Files

Comment

I can't see that not getting details of the recorded call in the SAR can have any bearing on the strength of your complaint. Likewise the secured loan details.

Unless you can come up with something that establishes an agency relationship between D4AL and WFS it's difficult to see where you can take it to be honest.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X