• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Great result finding those letters Di!

I didn't keep anything for long like that back then, so good for you. Just shows how important it is to file stuff, even to scan it if storage is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      Great result finding those letters Di!

I didn't keep anything for long like that back then, so good for you. Just shows how important it is to file stuff, even to scan it if storage is a problem.
      Thanks TDS

It was actually paperwork amongst a SAR, but half of it went amiss and on seaching in a little box of paperwork in a cupboard I came across it.
      Just hope the FOS will look at this matter now if the current one fails.

It does make sense on why the Adjudicator could not connect the link between the underwriter to the broker, or should i say Mortgage packager agent lol, in this case then it would be the lender Endeavour that will have the documentation to prove this.

Hopefully.

Comment

Chased the Adjudicator up, as we felt we need to get on with this matter for as soon as possible, postie been and gone and nothing in the post from him today, so asked him if a letter had been sent yet and said we do have more info to send if necessary.
        So basically he more or less said he agrees with HFC and with not being under jurisdiction anyway, but said to forward more info in light of what we told him, so any help with this will be fab, thank you.
        Do you think I should go for the timescale he have given until 19th July or just get on and send all the info soon.
        Think I need to explain the issues of this case as well.

Dear

It is pointless for me to write a opinion on this case for you to then again give me more documentation that I have to review and possibly do another opinion. It is important to say at this stage that following discussions with the HFC, I am still satisfied as before that they are not responsible for the sale of your policy and that it was sold by Click Finance. My view was going to detail exactly what was said to me by HFC and inform you that I am of the opinion your case is not within the jurisdiction of this service.

However as expressed above it is not reasonable to send this letter to you without receiving all your information. Therefore can you send me any new evidence you have including the below. As I need all the information to fairly adjudicate this case. If you want some more time to conduct your own investigation that is fine, please let me know, as I do not want to review the below and be in the position to write an opinion and then you come back with more evidence.

If you are sending the below evidence to me shortly then please indicate if this is all you wish for me to look out or if you want more time to conduct further investigations and I will allow till 19 July 2011 for you to send everything to me.

Yours sincerely
        Ma
        Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
        South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: E:

I agreed to more time offered as well, and he just emailed back again to say he will not be looking at the merits of the case, so then it will obviously be moved on to the ombudsman.

Dear

I can confirm that you can have till 19 July to complete your investigations. To confirm I will not be looking into the merits of the case, just whether Click Finance sold the policy to you or not.

Please inform me also by 19 July if you need further time, as once I have received your info I will be doing a view as quickly as possible following the 19 July this this case can be progressed effectively.

Yours sincerely

M
        South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E1
        E:
        Last edited by di30; 5th July 2011, 09:46:AM.

Comment

Attitude!!!!

As he confirmed he will not be looking into the merits of our case, I asked him he could let us know if this will be the case of going back to Hamilton, but he will not say, yet if a bank or business had asked him a similar question they would get a firm answer, thought they supposed to be impartial, and I bet he never received written information from the other side either, all verbal where I had to provide the info which is the right thing to do.

And going back to my post in the above post, he said about not checking the merits but checking if Click did sold the loan, he flipping knows that already, because he has copies of the application form!! Honestly!

Anyway, email below in regard of my first paragraph above.

Dear

I cannot comment on what I will be doing with the information until I have received it and reviewed it. Therefore as expressed in my previous email. Please send all the info you have by 19 July 2011.
          Yours sincerely
          Ma
          South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR E: mat

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Attitude!!!!

As he confirmed he will not be looking into the merits of our case, I asked him he could let us know if this will be the case of going back to Hamilton, but he will not say, yet if a bank or business had asked him a similar question they would get a firm answer, thought they supposed to be impartial, and I bet he never received written information from the other side either, all verbal where I had to provide the info which is the right thing to do.

And going back to my post in the above post, he said about not checking the merits but checking if Click did sold the loan, he flipping knows that already, because he has copies of the application form!! Honestly!

Anyway, email below in regard of my first paragraph above.

Dear

I cannot comment on what I will be doing with the information until I have received it and reviewed it. Therefore as expressed in my previous email. Please send all the info you have by 19 July 2011.
            Yours sincerely
            Ma
            South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR E: mat

The fos is looking more and more of a waste of time these days,they don't seem to ever want to investigate a complaint properly at all these days,you might as well have investigated yourself might'nt you Di,what a waste of time for you

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
              The fos is looking more and more of a waste of time these days,they don't seem to ever want to investigate a complaint properly at all these days,you might as well have investigated yourself might'nt you Di,what a waste of time for you

That's right Cappo.

I just hope the ombudsman or the one he passes this over to will see this in a new light, and finally get connections to Hamilton, we are leading a step closer now I think and I am sending them copies of the paperwork I have which I did not send before as I've only recently came across them, but they already know it was Click that sold it, as he has a copy of the application form, so why he said he wants to check if click sold it on today's email beats me.

Still determined though lol.

Comment

In regards of the letter from Endeavour where they state, our Insurance was with Hamilton now Direct Group, I have sent Direct Group a further email, the last one I sent them I asked them on their connections with Click Finance where they could not connect, but it would then be Endeavour's doing then is what I think.
                Am waiting for a response from them now, and I also sent them a copy of the letter from Endeavour which they can see for themselves.

Comment

bloomin eck Di, was there a company in Britain not involved in your ppi?

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                    bloomin eck Di, was there a company in Britain not involved in your ppi?

Yeah I know mad isn't it?
                    My head is numb, but I have made a start by photocopying the required Click paperwork (wish I had found these before where this could have saved lots of time now) but not knowing who is/was responsible doesn't help.

Comment

TBD

Shall I just more or less write what you did about how these companies work and where our case fits in to this? ( in regards of a letter).

I have emailed the insurance group now known as direct group and waiting for a reply from them as well, so they can just confirm Endeavours connections of the PPI policy when it was under Hamilton.

Cheers.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        TBD

Shall I just more or less write what you did about how these companies work and where our case fits in to this? ( in regards of a letter).

I have emailed the insurance group now known as direct group and waiting for a reply from them as well, so they can just confirm Endeavours connections of the PPI policy when it was under Hamilton.

Cheers.

Di

Hi Di,

I'm working on it now. I'll be back to you before the end of tomorrow afternoon at the latest. Really sorry, it's been one of those days today and I'm a bit behind, but I'll have it ready for you for tomorrow afternoon,

Regards,

TBD.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
                          Hi Di,

I'm working on it now. I'll be back to you before the end of tomorrow afternoon at the latest. Really sorry, it's been one of those days today and I'm a bit behind, but I'll have it ready for you for tomorrow afternoon,

Regards,

TBD.

Hi TBD

Hey don't worry, you have been busy too, I understand that.

So all in your own time if your feeling up to it, not a problem and a big thanks.
                          I am ever so grateful with the help and advice you have provided to me so far, I am finally getting my head round it all now lol.

Cheers

Di

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
                            Hi Di,

Regards,

TBD.

Nice one big dog at the end of the day i think all cmc's need to be taken on there professionilism and expertise and you guy seem to know your stuff, thanks for giving Di a hand with this, it means a lot to her to get a bit of help (i hope i don't sound patronising Di,i don't mean to):beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                              Nice one big dog at the end of the day i think all cmc's need to be taken on there professionilism and expertise and you guy seem to know your stuff, thanks for giving Di a hand with this, it means a lot to her to get a bit of help (i hope i don't sound patronising Di,i don't mean to):beagle:
                              Hiya

I agree Cappo, it does mean a lot to me, and so grateful that TBD have posted and helped big time, and no you don't sound patronising lol , and I never had a clue about these mortgage agents and assumed they were just standard brokers, so if it wasn't for TBD I would be none of the wiser.

Comment

Thought I would email Direct Group again, just to see what they have to say about EPF/Click Finance, who then questioned for more details on my email.

Dear,

Your contact has been passed to me and I would like to assist in resolving your queries. Unfortunately, I am unsure from your e-mails below as to the exact nature of your query and therefore unable at this time to advise you further.

If you could possibly provide a contact number to enable me to call you to discuss your queries then hopefully I will be able to assist. Alternatively please contact me on 01302 380438 at a convenient time for yourself between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday when our office lines are open.

Regards

L
                                Head of Protection Claims
                                Direct Group Limited
                                Direct House, 4 Sidings Court, Doncaster, DN4 5NU
                                T – 01302 380438
                                E – l
                                W - www.directgroup.co.uk
                                Please think before you print

Then another email, after I explained......

Dear,

You are correct in your understanding that Hamilton Insurance was taken over by Aviva and the insurance currently remains with Aviva not Direct Group. Direct Group administers any claims made under the Endeavour Payment Protection Insurance policy on behalf of Aviva as a 3rd party administrator. The policy continues to be underwritten by Aviva and the premium payments for the policy are made to Endeavour. Direct Groups only involvement in this policy are from a claims administration perspective.

Unfortunately therefore I am unable to advise further regarding your query as to who arranged the insurance however I understand that Endeavour have advised regarding this in their recent correspondence to you which indicates that the business was introduced to them by Click Finance.

I am sorry that I cant assist further and as I remain unclear as to the underlying reason for this general enquiry I’m afraid am unable to provide any further guidance to you. If you could perhaps clarify for me the reason for the concern regarding who/where the insurance was arranged then I may be able to provide some further guidance.

Regards

L

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X