• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    What evidence did you provide to the FOS for them to turn this round on HFC?.
    HFC originally provided the card. they are, I recall, owned by HSBC? Marbles have said that HSBC sold the PPI "so go to them" sort of message. Next I know HFC have written saying "go to Marbles." So the FOS can deal with it since clearly they don't want to. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      HFC originally provided the card. they are, I recall, owned by HSBC? Marbles have said that HSBC sold the PPI "so go to them" sort of message. Next I know HFC have written saying "go to Marbles." So the FOS can deal with it since clearly they don't want to. lol.

So your getting the full runaround as well then TDS.:tinysmile_aha_t:

I know what you mean about the FOS as well, which is why now I'm going to bring a few issues up with them.

Good luck on yours, keep us informed, I'm sure TBD will have something to say about it as well lol.

Comment

I think I should put some details together for the adjudicator now as well, but they obviously not thought of "mortgage packagers" the middlemen I suppose, and they know EPF were the lender and wondered if they have already asked them for paperwork which will confirm this.

Comment

I think I should put some details together for the adjudicator now as well, but they obviously not thought of "mortgage packagers" the middlemen I suppose, and they know EPF were the lender and wondered if they have already asked them for paperwork which will confirm this.
          Where I think the problem is Di, the adjudicator probably hasn't picked this up because he doesn't know exactly how credit markets work or their complexities.

As you've stated in your previous post - an employment reference was also sent to your hubbys employer on Click paperwork - they were the packager and this gives us more proof that they were acting as an agent of EPF.

A standard broker would not be writing to employers for references, nor would they be instructing valuation reports - this is the lenders responsibility. Click have done it because they're acting on behalf of the lender.

What I would do now Di is sit tight and wait for the Adjudicator to respond to you, because he said he would do so in the next couple of days. It'll be interesting to see what he's got to say, but I would brace yourself for a letter from him stating he doesn't think HFC are liable and they've got no information to prove that they were and that he's sorry blah, blah, blah. If he's got half a brain, he's not going to be happy when he finds out that Click were acting as EPF's agent in the middle of all this, because EPF would have been given ample opportunity to disclose this to the FOS.

I'd then call the Chelsea first thing in the morning and ask them for information about your mortgage (hopefully, we won't have to do a SAR and they'll play ball). What you need to ask them is in 2004 a BSQ (they'll know what this is), or a mortgage reference was sent to them and at the same time a request for authority for a second charge was applied for. They might not have the details of the mortgage reference but I think they'll have the second charge request on file because it would have been important for them to note this as they were the first charge holders. The question you want answering is - who sent them the requests (it's going to be Click).

This gives us yet more evidence that Click were acting as an agent and then we can go back to the Adjudicator with the findings and establish clear links to prove an Agent & Principal relationship. I'm more than happy to sort out a letter for you Di to send to him and I'll also put in there where he's got to look to find the evidence just in case he hasn't got a clue.

My personal opinion is with what I've seen already and the fact that your hubby's HR department has said a reference was requested by Click - Hamilton are on the hook for this one and I don't think they'll be able to get out of it.

I know it's confusing with the HFC connection, but I think they're going to have an excuse for the paperwork and I don't think they'll be found liable - but Hamilton will be.

Best wishes,

TBD.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
          Morning TDS,

I think I know where the problem is with this one - have you got a thread so I can have a read through it, or can you give me a brief summary of whats happened?

TBD.
          Last edited by The_Big_Dog; 3rd July 2011, 08:03:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
            Where I think the problem is Di, the adjudicator probably hasn't picked this up because he doesn't know exactly how credit markets work or their complexities.

As you've stated in your previous post - an employment reference was also sent to your hubbys employer on Click paperwork - they were the packager and this gives us more proof that they were acting as an agent of EPF.

A standard broker would not be writing to employers for references, nor would they be instructing valuation reports - this is the lenders responsibility. Click have done it because they're acting on behalf of the lender.

What I would do now Di is sit tight and wait for the Adjudicator to respond to you, because he said he would do so in the next couple of days. It'll be interesting to see what he's got to say, but I would brace yourself for a letter from him stating he doesn't think HFC are liable and they've got no information to prove that they were and that he's sorry blah, blah, blah. If he's got half a brain, he's not going to be happy when he finds out that Click were acting as EPF's agent in the middle of all this, because EPF would have been given ample opportunity to disclose this to the FOS.

I'd then call the Chelsea first thing in the morning and ask them for information about your mortgage (hopefully, we won't have to do a SAR and they'll play ball). What you need to ask them is in 2004 a BSQ (they'll know what this is), or a mortgage reference was sent to them and at the same time a request for authority for a second charge was applied for. They might not have the details of the mortgage reference but I think they'll have the second charge request on file because it would have been important for them to note this as they were the first charge holders. The question you want answering is - who sent them the requests (it's going to be Click).

This gives us yet more evidence that Click were acting as an agent and then we can go back to the Adjudicator with the findings and establish clear links to prove an Agent & Principal relationship. I'm more than happy to sort out a letter for you Di to send to him and I'll also put in there where he's got to look to find the evidence just in case he hasn't got a clue.

My personal opinion is with what I've seen already and the fact that your hubby's HR department has said a reference was requested by Click - Hamilton are on the hook for this one and I don't think they'll be able to get out of it.

I know it's confusing with the HFC connection, but I think they're going to have an excuse for the paperwork and I don't think they'll be found liable - but Hamilton will be.

Best wishes,

TBD.
            ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Morning TDS,

I think I know where the problem is with this one - have you got a thread so I can have a read through it, or can you give me a brief summary of whats happened?

TBD.

Thank you TBD

I am starting to get my head round this now.

And I have been doing more digging on this where it all connects up, but as you said the Adjudicator hasn't exactly picked up on this but soon will.

I am expecting the letter you mentioned in regards of HFC, and from there will say I think we should open the door to Hamilton yet again since finding out more information on the involvement of Click role etc etc.
            I just hope he goes along with it, and realise the difference in these roles of these middlemen.

Hopefully I should receive the letter in the post this week, think I will ask him to email it to me as a quicker method, he has done before. Maybe from here all further info will now be forwarded to the ombudsman where he or she can see light through this.

Will contact Chelsea tomorrow and start sorting all the info our, employment ref and so on.

Thank you. x

Comment

TBD

Just a quickie, but going back to the PPI side of it, does that mean that this is the reason why PPI was not added on the Click Application form - until later on into the process of the loan?
              Because there is still a question mark really on who added the PPI?

Cheers.

Comment

Before receiving the letter from Endeavour as posted above in regards of HFC's involvement, there is also a letter prior to that as well, here below, as well as Click paperwork in relation of contacting the employer/HR dept etc etc.....

Comment

Some further info TBD

1 Click Homeloans limited is listed (without the limited) as a trading name of Click FInance on the OFT licence register

Trading Name(s) (Current):

1 Click Finance
                  1 Click Home Loans
                  1 Click Loans
                  Click Finance
                  Debt Doctors
                  Final Payment
                  Immediate Loan Applications
                  One Click Finance
                  One Click Loans
                  Rocket Loans
                  Surrey Loans
                  World of Loans

http://bizzy.co.uk/uk/04263274/1-click-home-loans

Company number: 04263274

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Dog View Post
                    Morning TDS,

TBD.
                    Here 'tis. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ad.php?t=26384
                    Thanks TBD.

(With thanks to Di for link)

Comment

So basically myself and thousands of others have been ripped off.

I do hope the FOS will take all this into consideration and not ignore what has been going on here.

TBD, this is interesting and all new to me and possibly others, but do you have any website links of more info on mortgage packagers/agents?
                      Cheers.

Comment

Right I take it that we will not have to contact Chelsea now, because I have found the letters, check below for more info.

Comment

Letter - response to broker from Endeavour

&

HR dept employer.

Comment

Wow thank you for posting all this. I appreciate it.

And with what your saying it does make sense.

The issues lie now of who actually added the ppi really, as it certainly wasn't on the Broker Click Application paperwork, only that of the paperwork we have from HFC, but what you have said certainly seems to be the case.
                            It was definately added further down the process of the loan, where we had no further contact with the broker after the application.

We received an email this morning from the Adjudicator, he says he heard from HFC yesterday, he put it down as "HFC contacted me yesterday and I will be sending a letter to you early next week".

So we will soon see, yet we were given until yesterday ourselves to let him know if we want this reviewed by the ombudsman, we confirmed yes we did a few weeks back, so didn't think the adjudicator would have any further involvement in this case from yesterday the deadline - meanings he could not establish the relationship.

So he will be working alongside the ombudsman then maybe.

I will keep you posted though and thank you for the input.

Endeavour was not regulated unfortunately until April 2007, but we know its got to be between these and possibly HFC who are responsible for this.

I am aware HFC were fined for mis selling PPI, and aware HFC/Endeavour work alongside each other, even though the letters we have received are confirmed signed from HFC, the logo on the letter is thost of Endeavour.

A confusing one, but I wouldn't mind you being my Adjudicator lol, you seem to know what is what, cheers again.
                            Di Endeavour must have been regulated at 14th Jan 2005 if they ever sold PPI.

I know I had a loan secured to my property with Endeavour but a different spelling in those days. This was going back to 1990 something. How are you spelling yours???

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                              Di Endeavour must have been regulated at 14th Jan 2005 if they ever sold PPI.

I know I had a loan secured to my property with Endeavour but a different spelling in those days. This was going back to 1990 something. How are you spelling yours???

Cheers Marshallka

Were they? I thought it was in 2007, sure I have a letter somewhere, will check.

Think I remember reading your post about loan secured to your property with EPF.

Letter received in 2008

your comments regarding the Financial Ombudsman Service have been noted: however EPF did not fall under the jurisdiction of the FOS prior to 6 April 2007.
                              As your complaint arises to an issue that occurred prior to this date, we believe they may not be able to adjudicate this matter.

TBD, a letter will be a fantastic help, thank you.
                              Last edited by di30; 3rd July 2011, 20:29:PM.

Comment

I emailed the Adjudicator last Friday to make sure we still get that chance to have our case reviewed if we were not happy with the outcome of the letter he said was to to send "early this week" lol heard that one many times before though. I do also think if he had anything positive to tell us then he would have, but he keeps everything to the min.

Also with him also saying that he had contact from HFC last week, (this we assume its a phone call), we provided everything in black and white so they should not take anything in evidence from them verbally surely?
                                Afterall their job is to take a look at both sides, not to see if the business come back with something better verbally especially - then reject!

I can see a letter coming on TBD thank you, as we know and as you also said as well, they are not going to accept HFC being responsible.

Dear Mr & Mrs

A letter will be sent to you early this week. The letter will detail you referral rights if you are not happy with the contents.

Yours sincerely

M
                                Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                                South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: E: m

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X