• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

good letter Di. thx for posting this up.

Comment

Thank you.
      Kept it simple really, I'm not normally the one for letter writing but hopefully it will help to get the details I actually require.
      Will post up the letter when received, cheers.

Comment

HFC received my letter this morning as checked on Track and Trace, the Adjudicator is also to be in touch with them this week, as stated on email below.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your previous few emails.

I will be contacting HFC this week. Once I have heard from them I will email to you what they have said.

Yours sincerely

M
        Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
        South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020

Comment

I'm sure some adjudicators try putting us off - going to the ombudsman for a review, today the adjudicator emailed and said, he contacted HFC this morning and they said no the loan sale was nothing at all to do with them.
          The Adjudicator now said for us to send in Concrete evidence that Click Finance didn't set up or sell the insurance.

However, due to this I came across the application form from Click finance, and its the usual details of the names/address, and the loan, but PPI was not ticked on the application form, we signed the application on the 16 July 2004, this was then moved on to Endeavour for the remaining of the loan set up.
          Also, the Click Finance Application form states £21000 for 240 months.

Now going to HFC we spoke to them on the phone on the 26 July 2004, went through the details of the loan, first they spoke to hubby then they spoke to me.
          The loan was in the account within days, then the agreement came through by Endeavour in the post, it was crossed where we had to sign, so we both signed and sent it back, this was signed on the 30 July 2004.
          However, I FEEL SO SO stupid and have only just noticed that the application form made by Click Finance has 21K for 240 months and the loan agreement Endeavour 300 months! And of course a mark there for PPI as well!!

I have sent these by email to the Adjudicator as I already had copies saved.

Now would you call that evidence that Click Finance did not actually set up the insurance side of it - meanings it was not chosen for on their application form?

Comment

So ppi was not ticked on the click application????? this suggests it was added after the brokers involvement and during the lenders pre payout checks, this puts the ball back in EPF's court, and possibly HFC's by way their involvement in the loans payout (already well covered in this thread). I think your right and its worth seeing what FOS think about this. If all else fails then could still try the vicarious liability argument we covered briedfly at the start of this thread, that way it doesnt matter who sold the insurance, broker or otherwise as the lender still ends up on the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
              So ppi was not ticked on the click application????? this suggests it was added after the brokers involvement and during the lenders pre payout checks, this puts the ball back in EPF's court, and possibly HFC's by way their involvement in the loans payout (already well covered in this thread). I think your right and its worth seeing what FOS think about this. If all else fails then could still try the vicarious liability argument we covered briedfly at the start of this thread, that way it doesnt matter who sold the insurance, broker or otherwise as the lender still ends up on the hook.

Thank you so much Paul, thought I was going round the bend :tinysmile_aha_t:, but that is right non ppi on the application form and with it going from 240 to 300 months from the form to the agreement as well.
              I just hope the adjudicator can see through this, HFC have only given him verbal contact nothing else.

Comment

In the event of me forwarding more info to the adjudicator, a short and sweet response received here.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your email.

I will respond fully in due course

Yours sincerely

M
                Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR

Comment

It is very dodgy that it was changed whoever did it. They probably ectended the term so that the difference in payments was less noticable once they had added the ppi.

It is possible that click may have changed it before sending to the lender for payout but in the absence of further info I think this is a good bet, hopefully the adjudicator will put this to EPF/HFC and they will have insufficient proof to refute.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                    It is very dodgy that it was changed whoever did it. They probably ectended the term so that the difference in payments was less noticable once they had added the ppi.

It is possible that click may have changed it before sending to the lender for payout but in the absence of further info I think this is a good bet, hopefully the adjudicator will put this to EPF/HFC and they will have insufficient proof to refute.

Exactly Paul.
                    As far as I know its only now the Adjudicator have started making queries to HFC, as you know before that it was Hamilton and so.....
                    HFC would surely have to prove they have something in black and white to show that Click actually sold the insurance.
                    Ok the Adjudicator mentioned about evidence of the commission paid to the broker, this could have been for the loan, or as even known secret commissions??

I actually have a few copies of the same application form, so nothing different on any of them, these were from a SAR request and another HFC/EPF sent in the post a few days ago with a letter with no mention of HFC's involvment.
                    This is why I have again over the last few days wrote to HFC again.

Thanks for your input Paul, I am really grateful for this.
                    (I shall be back later on after 6:30) to go through it all again, cheers so much.

Comment

Paul's on a roll. Good posts m8.

Comment

Yes he is, I must agree, he is fab.

Do you think if this fails, this matter of the paperwork issues is open the door to a new complaint?

Wrong months, things changed from broker to lender etc.

I will certainly think there is something wrong with the system if the adjudicator cannot see through this one to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Yes he is, I must agree, he is fab.

Do you think if this fails, this matter of the paperwork issues is open the door to a new complaint?

Wrong months, things changed from broker to lender etc.

I will certainly think there is something wrong with the system if the adjudicator cannot see through this one to be honest.
                          ultimately di there's the independent assessor http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u..._reference.htm
                          now, there is no redress for the decision going against one by the assessor BUT if enough of us complain to her there may be an exceutive decision taken by the FOS to do something about this

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                            ultimately di there's the independent assessor http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u..._reference.htm
                            now, there is no redress for the decision going against one by the assessor BUT if enough of us complain to her there may be an exceutive decision taken by the FOS to do something about this

Cheers TDS.
                            So could I still contact the assessor whilst waiting to be passed on to the ombudsman though for review?
                            Shall check the link now, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                              Cheers TDS.
                              So could I still contact the assessor whilst waiting to be passed on to the ombudsman though for review?
                              Shall check the link now, thank you.
                              no. ombudsman first and that's the last tier for the actual complaint. the assessor looks at whether your complaint was properly managed but won't re-open your case.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                                no. ombudsman first and that's the last tier for the actual complaint. the assessor looks at whether your complaint was properly managed but won't re-open your case.

I thought just as much, but thanks TDS, maybe it will come to this lol, cheers x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X