• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour - Reclaim PPI

Yep and sadly my HFC aka HSBC claim is also a credit card. What is interesting is how these companies deal with claims.

First Direct is also HSBC, different brand, but same bank. My PPI claim with them is now being ignored. They won't respond to any correspondence.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
      Yep and sadly my HFC aka HSBC claim is also a credit card. What is interesting is how these companies deal with claims.

First Direct is also HSBC, different brand, but same bank. My PPI claim with them is now being ignored. They won't respond to any correspondence.

Did you also write to the CEO as well of HFC bank.
      Ms Carmel Armstrong?

HSBC - Mr James Z Ball is the CEO

The muppets!!!

Comment

Not yet, but I am going to use your extremely useful email addresses posted above for sure.

I used the Bob Diamond one you sent me and that worked very well. Also Niddy sent me one for some chief at Equifax which also worked well.

Of course, these connections only get their monkeys to respond bu the monkleys themselves are conscious that the Great Apre received the email and you get taken more seriously by the family group. Especially important at Barclays which does not know what other department's in the zoo are doing.

Comment

I made further contact with my Adjudicator today and does now agree that we should be getting clarification with HFC, but not holding much hope of getting anywhere with them to be honest, but am going to give it a try anyway.
          See what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I made further contact with my Adjudicator today and does now agree that we should be getting clarification with HFC, but not holding much hope of getting anywhere with them to be honest, but am going to give it a try anyway.
            See what happens.
            What happens if they don't deliver? What can / should the FOS do?

Comment

Not yet, but I am going to use your extremely useful email addresses posted above for sure.

I used the Bob Diamond one you sent me and that worked very well. Also Niddy sent me one for some chief at Equifax which also worked well.

Of course, these connections only get their monkeys to respond bu the monkleys themselves are conscious that the Great Apre received the email and you get taken more seriously by the family group. Especially important at Barclays which does not know what other department's in the zoo are doing.

Not a problem, for a start the HSBC CEO
              james.z.ball@hsbc.com
              I was surprised he got back to me very quickly, although it was just a general query, if it was a complaint it may have been a different matter LOL.

I do not have the email address for the CEO, although I assume that would be pretty easy to put together now I have the name.
              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
              What happens if they don't deliver? What can / should the FOS do?

I would personally contact the FOS, they may chase them up on your behalf, it they are ignoring you.
              Last edited by di30; 7th June 2011, 15:00:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                I would personally contact the FOS, they may chase them up on your behalf, it they are ignoring you.
                Hmmm, while in danger of making you think I'm claiming against every bank in the Kingdom, I have also had a successful claim against Egg who still have not fully delivered on the Adjudication. The FOS are dicking me about as well, forever "chasing" Egg for compliance and getting absolutely no where. One things for sure, neither you or me are going to go away Di and if it means I spend the next 60 years pursuing Egg for my money back I'm going to do it.

Comment

Hmmm, while in danger of making you think I'm claiming against every bank in the Kingdom, I have also had a successful claim against Egg who still have not fully delivered on the Adjudication. The FOS are dicking me about as well, forever "chasing" Egg for compliance and getting absolutely no where. One things for sure, neither you or me are going to go away Di and if it means I spend the next 60 years pursuing Egg for my money back I'm going to do it.

And quite right too! The way I see it this one of mine have taken a few years, so a few more are not going to hurt, or the next 60 lol.

Comment

Good grief...years...and I've been moaning about 12 months in my dispute with Egg.

Now, you're not gonna tell me HFC have something to do with Egg are you? lol

Comment

Good grief...years...and I've been moaning about 12 months in my dispute with Egg.

Now, you're not gonna tell me HFC have something to do with Egg are you? lol

LOL, well basically because its been passed on to broker to lender then the insurer, this is what have taken up the time, so now its HFC's turn.

Hmmmm well I am not aware of EGG being in any relationship with HFC but I can always do some digging lol.

Comment

Just a matter of waiting for a response from HFC now, although I've already gone straight to the top, yeah you guessed - the CEO.

I did make it clear (because I don't want to scare them away), that its not a complaint but a general query, and asked if they can confirm what HFC bank involvement was when our loan was sold, also enclosed "copies" of some evidence.

Comment

Not heard anything from them up to now, but must give them a chance I suppose lol.
                          As its only a general query and not a complaint, they shouldn't hide behind the doors of this one i don't think, yet it depends if they guess why I want to know their involvement in this loan.

Comment

As you know I sent a letter to HFC last week and a response to that letter arrived in today's post. So basically even though I addressed it to HFC, they are the same as Endeavour Personal Finance. The logo on the letter is that of Endeavour.
                            I asked HFC what their own involvement was when we taken out the loan and enclose a copy of HFC customer speaks form when speaking to an HFC member of staff.
                            In my opinion they have not directly answered my query. Here below is the letter received.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your letter dated 07 June 2011.

Account number XXXXXXX

The above loan was introduced to Endeavour Personal Finance through your broker at the time Click Finance.
                            As we didn't have local branches our business came through brokers who customers initially sourced and the brokers then matched the customer needs to finance companies.

The loan funds and funds for Payment Protection Insurance were borrowed from ourselves and set up as the above loan.

Hamilton Insurance, now known as Direct Group, was the company that managed the Insurance Policy you bought.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services on 0845 602 8230, Monday to Friday, 9.00 am, who will be pleased to help.

Your sincerely
                            Department Manager
                            Secured Lending Centre.

Comment

I contacted the Adjudicator who is also going to contact HFC whilst waiting for a response, however, the email I tried them on came back after 3 hours as undeliverable, so have had to write a further letter to send in the post as they've not directly answered HFC banks involvement (even though they are the same company) we have stacks of underwriters paperwork to show they were involved as well.

Email from our Adjudicator here below.

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your previous 2 emails

I have noted there contents and added to our system.

Once you have received an email back to your below email, please let me know. In the meantime I am also going to contact HFC to hopefully speed up the process a little.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me

M
                              Adjudicator | Financial Ombudsman Service
                              South Quay Plaza | 183 Marsh Wall | London | E14 9SR T: 020

Comment

A draft letter to be posted tomorrow - recorded delivery.

14 June 2011

For the attention of:

Dear ****** *****/or whoever can deal with this matter.

Your ref:

Account Number:

Thank you for your letter dated 09 June 2011.

Your letter was in regards of a previous letter sent to you dated 07 June 2011.
                                Our query was in regards of HFC Bank and the involvement they had prior to receiving the Loan funds.

Your letter confirmed who was who, that we are already aware of.
                                Click Finance - The Broker
                                Endeavour Personal Finance - The Lender
                                Hamilton Insurance (Now Direct Group).

But you have not mentioned HFC Bank’s involvement as requested in our last letter.
                                Your colleague who is a Underwriter for HFC bank had spoken to us before the funds were paid to us. Endeavour Personal Finance had arranged for this as procedure, and said the Underwriters would be in touch to speak to both myself and my wife separately. This was of the Loan policy.
                                And to finalise everything before the loan was paid to us.

However, we do have documents/paperwork of HFC being the Underwriters.
                                We did previously contact Direct Group, who got back to us and said we was to contact you, because even though Hamilton were the Insurer’s of loan, it was HFC bank that are involved in these Loan funding services and not Hamilton. Hamilton would be to contact for such claims for example: Sickness & Unemployment.

I will enclose a copy of the email received from the Customer Service Advisor “***** ***” who states that policies they administer for Hamilton Insurance are sold/arranged via HFC Bank.

Please could you refer back to the previous letter dated 07 June 2011, and as requesting now, just for confirmation of HFC’s involvement. I am aware HFC and Endeavour are part of the same company, but in July 2004 Endeavour Personal Finance did arrange for the Underwriters - as also stated to us HFC Bank would be in touch to finalise everything.
                                This will be of some help to us, at the time the loan was taken out in July 2004.

We look forward to your response for as soon as possible, please write or email us on:
                                or

Yours sincerely

Mr & Mrs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X