• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

misselling and the fos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: misselling and the fos

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
    Yes please
    It may be hepful to know that i successfully got ppi back on another claim this was with Halifax (same group) and they wrote the rest of the debt off (ok several years ago I took these out and did not question the addition of this "insurance") I am not looking to get out of what I owe on these now defuct credit cards but to reduce the balances as it will take the rest of my life time to pay them of at the currrant (agreed) rates
    di,s been in touch with ppitech dogtired keep your eye on this thread di said he,ll be along later.

Comment

I am about to send another message on your behalf to PPI tech, have not seen PPI tech online since yesterday or so over the road, but maybe received lots of pm's for help perhaps, will send another for you anyway ok.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        I am about to send another message on your behalf to PPI tech, have not seen PPI tech online since yesterday or so over the road, but maybe received lots of pm's for help perhaps, will send another for you anyway ok.
        he/she is very sought after they,ll turn up somewhere di.:seagull:

Comment

I see PPITech not got back up to now then?

Maybe still going through the messages perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I see PPITech not got back up to now then?

Maybe still going through the messages perhaps?
            dogtired has,nt been on here since the last time (ha ha work that one out) di.

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
              dogtired has,nt been on here since the last time (ha ha work that one out) di.
              Dip in at random I am afraid.
              In between got a letter from Sainsbury (also bank of Scotland) had to phone them up ( I know big mistake) I stood my ground and eventually he agreed that an arrangement was in place but if I was not "back on trck" by June the account would default and it would go to litigation.
              I asked for written confirmation of the arrangement (again) then h had the cheek to ask me if I wanted to do a customer satisfation survery!!
              Fos have replyed and she is still seeking further advice re th one sold to Cabot
              The one I "won" was with the help of template letters from you guys I may add!:tinysmile_grin_t:
              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Dip in at random I am afraid.
                In between got a letter from Sainsbury (also bank of Scotland) had to phone them up ( I know big mistake) I stood my ground and eventually he agreed that an arrangement was in place but if I was not "back on trck" by June the account would default and it would go to litigation.
                I asked for written confirmation of the arrangement (again) then h had the cheek to ask me if I wanted to do a customer satisfation survery!!
                Fos have replyed and she is still seeking further advice re th one sold to Cabot
                The one I "won" was with the help of template letters from you guys I may add!:tinysmile_grin_t:
                in a lot of cases dogtired it,s all bluff and blow by the banks, a high court judge wouid very likely dismiss the bank claims to ccj you as long as it couid be shown that you had "made a reasonable offer of repayment" you,d be fine, don,t worry it,s normal for the banks debt recovery department to try to threaten and bully to get more money out of you.

Comment

Hi guys sorry for the late reply I have been rathe rbusy this week.

I have looked through the read just now. Dogtired, in relation to your ppi complaints tell me the details such as the circumstances of your application etc and il let you know what i think. Credit card PPI can be quite difficult to reclaim sometimes. In regards to the charges applied to account with it being in default im afraid that would be a banking complaint at the fos to my knowledge. I have a friend that would be helpful Il ask him about it tomorrow and see what he says. But in regards to the PPI complaints give me the details and il let you know what im thinking! Cheers!!

Comment

now glanced at some old cag posts (2006) regarding ppi claims through the ombudsman it seems back then the fos wern,t to good at claiming back ppi for the average joe but in all fairness the regulations and uphold figures seem to have got a lot better now.
                    Last edited by cappo; 19th February 2011, 17:17:PM. Reason: wrong terminology

Comment

Just pm you again

Comment

Just pm you again
                        sorry d.t who did you want to p.m

Comment

soory meant PPItech.
                          He has been helpful but it does look as if i will have to put up with the fos decision of not to uphold.
                          As both were taken out several years ago
                          However thier is still slight hope that isstead of ppi I can complain about the way they have handled both issuse (at one time they got them mixed up) and the Bank of Scotland card was "sold" to cabot:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                          Will try to keep you posted (sorry I seem to have "hi=jacked" your thread

Comment

[QUOTE=dogtired;199001]soory meant PPItech.
                            He has been helpful but it does look as if i will have to put up with the fos decision of not to uphold.
                            However thier is still slight hope that isstead of ppi I can complain about the way they have handled both issuse (at one time they got them mixed up) and the Bank of Scotland card was "sold" to cabot:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
                            Will try to keep you posted (sorry I seem to have "hi=jacked" your thread[/QUOTE
                            has a case worker given you a decision of a non-uphold, if it,s gone to the adjudication stage you can go on to county court or mcol these are quite cheap to do and well worth it if the claim is worth a few pounds,have they passed your case on to the ombudsman yet,sometimes the caseworkers arn,t always 100% clued up on the facts,there is still a chance that the ombudsman wouid uphold in your favour (this doesn,t often happen but it is possible and at the stage your at at the moment it wouid,nt hurt to add a few extra months on your claim) at the point your at at the moment i,d personally press on d.t but it,s your choice,what do the other guys think,have you spoken to di or p.f there always good for advice
                            Last edited by cappo; 21st February 2011, 16:53:PM.

Comment

[quote=cappo;199024]
                              soory meant PPItech.
                              Will try to keep you posted (sorry I seem to have "hi=jacked" your thread[/QUOTE
                              has a case worker given you a decision of a non-uphold, if it,s gone to the adjudication stage you can go on to county court or mcol these are quite cheap to do and well worth it if the claim is worth a few pounds,have they passed your case on to adjudication yet,sometimes the caseworkers arn,t always 100% clued up on the facts,there is still a chance that the adjudicator wouid uphold in your favour (this doesn,t often happen but it is possible and at the stage your at at the moment it wouid,nt hurt to add a few extra months on your claim) at the point your at at the moment i,d personally press on d.t but it,s your choice,what do the other guys think,have you spoken to di or p.f there always good for advice
                              Ok not going to give up on the letter from FOS she does say she is an "adjudicaator" I am waiting to see if i need to put my appeal in wrting or if the e-mail will do!
                              Thanks again
                              dogtired

Comment

most of mine now from unenforceability through to ppi reclaims have now gone on for 3 years you do get thoroughly sick of the wait don,t you d.t, the way of looking at it though is it,s your money, keep going until there,s nowhere else to go, there might have been something missed and it,s worth pursuing to the end at least if you,ve exhausted all the avenues you can say you,ve done your best,the banks want you to stop as it,s more argy bargey for them to keep having to defend,it does wear you out though doesn,t it
                                ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                                Last edited by cappo; 21st February 2011, 11:20:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X