• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by MBD23 View Post
    thanks so based on your own stats , hsbc have addressed 100% of complaints within the deadline
    nope, not if you count First Direct as HSBC.

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      I'm not sure that's right. Figures released by Barclays today show that in the first half of this year they've not managed to close even a third of all insurance complaints they received and upheld just 52%, despite the 'no quibble' policy with complaints put on hold during the Judicial Review.

Barclays.com - UK complaints data

BBC News - Barclays: PPI complaints
      I haven't even clicked the links EXC. "The first half of this year" is the most significant thing in your post.

The no quibble policy is basically irrelevant in the first half of the year especially when the waiver to 31st August is taken into account.

I also quite clearly qualified my post in that i was dealing with a small sample size and I think it was clear i was talking about the here and now in light of the August 31st deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post
        I haven't even clicked the links EXC. "The first half of this year" is the most significant thing in your post.

The no quibble policy is basically irrelevant in the first half of the year especially when the waiver to 31st August is taken into account.

I also quite clearly qualified my post in that i was dealing with a small sample size and I think it was clear i was talking about the here and now in light of the August 31st deadline.

The data Barclays published covers almost half of the 'no quibble' policy period to the end of August so I think it does have relevance.

On the basis that Barclays have only managed to resolve 19,000 of 73,000 complaints in an almost 2 month period (9 May to 30 June) it doesn't suggest to me that they are capable of resolving a significant proportion of the balance in a further 2 month period (1 July to 31 August).

I hope you're right and that they will but in my view it seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          The data Barclays published covers almost half of the 'no quibble' policy period to the end of August so I think it does have relevance.

On the basis that Barclays have only managed to resolve 19,000 of 73,000 complaints in an almost 2 month period (9 May to 30 June) it doesn't suggest to me that they are capable of resolving a significant proportion of the balance in a further 2 month period (1 July to 31 August).

I hope you're right and that they will but in my view it seems unlikely.
          I could be way out but wasn't the "no quibble approach" confirmed around 13th June? Meaning that actually they only had 17days in the stats you are referring to?

Again I want to make it clear that I am going from my experience but letters from Barclays and First Plus have been flying in for the past 2/3 weeks and it seems likely to me that they are more likely than the rest to meet this deadline because of the approach they decided to take.

I also think they opted for that approach largely because they were aware of the stats you are referring to.

Comment

I could be way out but wasn't the "no quibble approach" confirmed around 13th June?
            Yes but it applied from 9 May when they resumed processing the backlog of complaints:

On 9 May 2011, Barclays announced that it would not be participating in any application for permission to appeal against the High Court Judgment and that Barclays agreed with the FSA that it will process all backlog and any new complaints from customers about PPI policies they hold. Barclays also announced that as a gesture of goodwill, it would pay out compensation to customers who had PPI complaints put on hold during the Judicial Review.

Barclays.com - UK complaints data

Comment

anyone else like to hazard a guess at what % of the claims will have been dealt with by Aug 31st held up by JR?
              think all the cmc people are too busy opening the post than to visit the forum

Comment

anyone else like to hazard a guess at what % of the claims will have been dealt with by Aug 31st held up by JR?
                Tough to say but we should know by Wednesday.

The problem is that the deadline is for complaints to be 'responded' to and not necessarily resolved. And if Barclays estimates are anything to go by they'll be more complaints in the second half of this year than the first - which will have to be responded to in a 12 week time frame as opposed to 16.

Comment

lots of black horse rejection letters being sent out in last week.. might be we cant deal with them, just reject them now so we meet deadline and then go back to them after wards in couple of weeks..

Comment

think all the cmc people are too busy opening the post than to visit the forum
                    I'd guess approx 90% dealt with by month end, of course not all of these will have had redress figures by then but most should have had decision as to whther upholding or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mosten View Post
                      lots of black horse rejection letters being sent out in last week.. might be we cant deal with them, just reject them now so we meet deadline and then go back to them after wards in couple of weeks..

Sorry not posted on this one for a while.

Yes I noticed there have been lots of rejections in regards of BH here and there.
                      And was thinking the same "just reject them" to get the cases off their backs by the deadline and they can't keep up.

Hopefully the FSA will or they should pick up on this one surely, it's not right, there are also a lot of genuine cases out there being rejected, just not on!

Comment

I may get in touch with the FSA actually!

Comment

From Santander's half year results published this morning:

''Despite this, there can be no assurance that the Company’s estimates for potential [PPI] liability are correct, and the reserves taken as a result might prove inadequate.

The FSA may identify future industry-wide misselling or other issues that could affect the Group. This may lead from time to time to: (i) significant direct costs or liabilities (including in relation to misselling); and (ii) changes in the practices of such businesses which benefit customers at a cost to shareholders.''

Whatever could they mean?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            I may get in touch with the FSA actually!
                            Had a BH rejection today for a couple who have both been disabled and on benefits rather than employed since pre-2000. Rejection was on a loan taken in 2005.

No doubt they are rejecting simply to get rid.

Furthermore we have today had offers from BH stating they have upheld part of the complaint and will offer the difference between what was paid to settle and a proportionate rebate + 8% on the difference. Lots of consumers may find themselves fooled by such an offer as it states "upheld" and mentions the "8%"

Comment

Had a BH rejection today for a couple who have both been disabled and on benefits rather than employed since pre-2000. Rejection was on a loan taken in 2005.

No doubt they are rejecting simply to get rid.

Furthermore we have today had offers from BH stating they have upheld part of the complaint and will offer the difference between what was paid to settle and a proportionate rebate + 8% on the difference. Lots of consumers may find themselves fooled by such an offer as it states "upheld" and mentions the "8%"

This makes me feel so damn flipping mad! This again is not on, a genuine complaint rejected! What on earth is going on?

Personally I would write back and ask them to reconsider even if you did receive a final decision, tell them you don't feel the complaint have even been looked into as these are genuine reasons to complain.
                              I would also be inclined to mention you will be considering contacting the FSA as well, because of the way they are dealing with these complaints!
                              Ask them to write back within 14 days to let you know and confirm if you hear nothing you will be contacting the FSA for them rejecting and not investigating the complaint.

Did they also mention the FOS?

Well done on your success as well.
                              I've have read other posts OTR today as well about part offers, what's all that about?

Comment

isnt this what Fos are saying is now acceptable?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X