• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
    FD have said they will look again at my PPI claim if I send THEM copy statements going back to 2002.

They had offered a derisory £150 on a £1500 claim, saying that they didn't have to go back more than 6 years. When I challenged this they backed down and asked for proof of PPI going back beyond that point.

I had statements from a SAR sent to FD but I sent these onto the FOS with the PPI quezzy and claim form. I am trying to get them back and will return them to FD. I know its crazy FD asking ME to send them copies of statments they sent me (!) but their PPI people said they don't have access to that data and TBH I just want to close my file and move on soonest. So I'm not all that fussed about obliging them in this regard.

Ok, FD have said verbally that they may well refund my entire claim but won't send any refund direct to me because I have an outstanding debt with them.

True, I do. However, what happended was that in 2002 I took out a credit card and was mis-sold the PPI I am now claiming back. In 2006 that card was closed and the balance transferred to a loan comprising one "super debt" of CC balance, an outstanding loan and an overdraft. The debt itself is technically an overdraft as it is attached to my FD current account.

FD are saying they will only off-set the credit card PPI against that debt.

My questions are:

1. Is there any way I can argue that they should pay me the full PPI direct and not of-set it as the credit card account was closed in 2006?

2. Are they entitled, as they claim, to apply the statutory interest of 8% due on the PPI to the outstanding debt as well?
    (I've seen docs on here or somewhere DS whish pay 8% as a cheque and PPI refund to the balance----Di will know also-pm her)

Comment

• Re: Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Originally posted by Turboman View Post
      (I've seen docs on here or somewhere DS whish pay 8% as a cheque and PPI refund to the balance----Di will know also-pm her)

That is correct to my knowledge Turbo and TDS.
      You should receive this.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/sav....html?ITO=1490

Comment

Nicely discovered ac

Comment

so they are saying 75% of the JR backlog will have been cleared by the Aug 31st deadline, anyone have any experience or knowledge of how accurate this figure is?

Comment

Originally posted by MBD23 View Post
              so they are saying 75% of the JR backlog will have been cleared by the Aug 31st deadline, anyone have any experience or knowledge of how accurate this figure is?
              It seems to depend on what you would consider cleared.

Having realised they aren't going to properly meet the deadline I have noticed both HSBC and Halifax are now sending out offer letters with the figures to follow in a few weeks time.

Previously they have made clear offers with figures and calculations to back up the same.

It seems its a desperate lunge to meet the deadline without really meeting it.

At least consumers will have an idea on whether they are getting anything.

Barclays/First Plus appear to be doing a great job of getting a very significant volume of letters out. Of course this is probably because they are simply upholding everything.

From my point of view 75% seems about right, but that's based on a very limited sample size.

Comment

Originally posted by skv123 View Post

Barclays/First Plus appear to be doing a great job of getting a very significant volume of letters out. Of course this is probably because they are simply upholding everything.
                I'm not sure that's right. Figures released by Barclays today show that in the first half of this year they've not managed to close even a third of all insurance complaints they received and upheld just 52%, despite the 'no quibble' policy with complaints put on hold during the Judicial Review.

Barclays.com - UK complaints data

BBC News - Barclays: PPI complaints

Comment

We have seen a massive increase in the number of offers received so far this week, over double the average from this time last month

Comment

Originally posted by Paul210 View Post
                    We have seen a massive increase in the number of offers received so far this week, over double the average from this time last month
                    thanks , are you expecting this to continue up to aug 31st or past it, what % of your book affected by the JD still remains outstanding, be interestng to give us all an idea of how serious this aug 31st target is or not?

thanks

Comment

Now had 4 more offers from hsbc re ppi claims that makes 7 upholds from them in last fortnight

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                        Now had 4 more offers from hsbc re ppi claims that makes 7 upholds from them in last fortnight
                        how many decisions you waiting for in total from them?

Comment

how many decisions you waiting for in total from them?

Thats it from them,now waiting for a sar from LTSB for 2 credit cards and that just about ties it up,i also have 2 in with the fos probably won't know the results in this century lol

Comment

Originally posted by cappo View Post
                            Thats it from them,now waiting for a sar from LTSB for 2 credit cards and that just about ties it up,i also have 2 in with the fos probably won't know the results in this century lol
                            thanks so based on your own stats , hsbc have addressed 100% of complaints within the deadline

Comment

thanks so based on your own stats , hsbc have addressed 100% of complaints within the deadline

They have for me what they've done for everyone else i don't know

Comment

thanks , are you expecting this to continue up to aug 31st or past it, what % of your book affected by the JD still remains outstanding, be interestng to give us all an idea of how serious this aug 31st target is or not?

thanks
                                We had a large % of book held due to JR (aledgedly) roughly 2/3rds. I expect it to continue right up to the deadline and for a few days past it, at least 1 lender told us verbally that they have until 31/8 to issue letters, not to get them to clients so just allowing for royal mail delivery some will still be landing on door mats on 2/3/5 sept. Then theres the multitude where lenders (mainly HSBC) are upholding pending calculations, its likely we may not see any figures on these until towards the end of september which will then likely pay out during October.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X