• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

Apparently posted by singlep on MSE....

FSA and FOS have around 3 weeks at this stage to respond.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/civil/proc...4.htm#IDA5KOVB

Just playing the messenger here...

Comment

When I spoke to the BBA they said the documents would be available shortly.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I have read all of the posts for the last few days as Ive been at work and I am soooo confused. All I know is that I have been put on hold AGAIN (re Bank Charges - and what a farce that was). They (collective banks) are winning on the bamboozled stakes for the 'ordinary person'. I am no lawyer nor am I brain of Britain but when it comes to theft of the highest order I am well experienced (on the receiving end I mean!!). Words like: appropriation, larceny, robbery, pilfery, plunder, stealth, lightfingered, pirates ALL come to mind. I am not ranting I am merely saying it like it is.

Shame on banks shame shame shame.

wheazy57.

Comment

Just to say the cheque from Norton in relation to my legally binding ombudsman's decision which was supposedly being sent out on or before 15th October didn't arrive today..............no surprises there, but was hoping I'd be proved wrong. Spoke to courts earlier in the week - they were no help whatsoever as they thought I needed to start a brand new claim and couldn't advise how my case would be affected by the JR :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

nellie,

I think the problem you have here is that court office staff are not aware of the power the fos has been given by parliament under the FSMA because it is probably not used that much in county court

I think you will have to spell it out to them via a letter to the court manager or contact the administerative court in london to see if they can help with the process of enforcement under the FSMA as they maybe more up to speed with this issue

PF
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 16th October 2010, 12:15:PM.
            If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks PF - will give that a try!

Unfortunately we've had a recurring problem with our broadband since thursday - I lose connection every few minutes and blooming BT haven't yet managed to work out the cause..........so you may lose me in a minute!

I'm also going to take the bull by the horns and call Norton on monday to see if I can get it from the horse's mouth so to speak whether the cheque is on its way or not (or indeed if it will be any day soon!).

The FOS said they will advise re: enforcement but their online bumpf re: legally binding decisions doesn't help much. If cheque hasn't arrived by tuesday I'll also speak to them again.

Nellie x

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                NLP, considering your previous posts re conspiracies, I do start to wonder if your account has not been hijacked by someone else. Can you confirm it hasn't? This is the most sensible view you have had for some time. When you can post up WHY their advice is misguided(and I suspect this will be once the JR paperwork is actually posted) then please do. I think most of us on here already KNOW it is not about bank charges as I think I have already mentioned on this thread, ie a policy is missold based on facts and is not about whether a service is involved or not. The redress issue and the rules around it are at issue AFAIK.
                I will certainly post up what i know as soon as it's been rubber stamped, and yes you are correct in what you state above.

Only issue is the time wasting the banks are trying to induce, but they certainly won't get a decision, even with the biggest bent judge.

Time is the only thing on their side, but maybe the FSA may just rip that away from them... :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Originally posted by nelliewops View Post
                  Just to say the cheque from Norton in relation to my legally binding ombudsman's decision which was supposedly being sent out on or before 15th October didn't arrive today..............no surprises there, but was hoping I'd be proved wrong. Spoke to courts earlier in the week - they were no help whatsoever as they thought I needed to start a brand new claim and couldn't advise how my case would be affected by the JR :tinysmile_cry_t:
                  Norton won't be part of the JR though so no excuses there. They are just being awkward.

Hope you get it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                    Norton won't be part of the JR though so no excuses there. They are just being awkward.

Hope you get it soon.
                    Thanks for reassuring me Marshallka! Hopefully they've sent it and it will be here in the next few days. As you say the JR shouldn't cover them anyway, should it - it's any excuse with them though

Comment

Nellie - I hate that phrase 'the cheques in the post' but sincerely hope that they come true and you do actually get whats rightfully yours! Chin up and PMA next week.....

Love wheazy57.

Comment

Martin Lewis will be appearing before the Treasury Select Committee on Tuesday morning to give evidence as part of their inquiry on financial regulation. Let's hope the subject of PPI (and bank charges) arises.

Parliament UK: Parliamentary Calendar

It's scheduled to be broadcast on the Parliament Live website Parliament Live TV ยป what's on

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                          Martin Lewis will be appearing before the Treasury Select Committee on Tuesday morning to give evidence as part of their inquiry on financial regulation. Let's hope the subject of PPI (and bank charges) arises.

Parliament UK: Parliamentary Calendar

It's scheduled to be broadcast on the Parliament Live website Parliament Live TV ยป what's on
                          Go Martin Lewis then!!!

Comment

Be patient folks, the FSA are going to make a move soon.

and even if they don't... the silly, silly banks have left themselves open for an attack from a new wave of claims "solicitors" as opposed to claims companies!

now they will be paying back legal costs on top of rebates... lol, he who laughs last... etc!

watch and wait for the very swift backtracking on "holds"

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                              Be patient folks, the FSA are going to make a move soon.

and even if they don't... the silly, silly banks have left themselves open for an attack from a new wave of claims "solicitors" as opposed to claims companies!

now they will be paying back legal costs on top of rebates... lol, he who laughs last... etc!

watch and wait for the very swift backtracking on "holds"

There should be no need for any solicitors as that is the JOB of the FSA to do. They are just getting it all right I bet before they go out with a bang and "make" the banks redress. I just hope that they take away the need for claims companies (who seem to prey on people desperate anyway) and solicitors who take away more of your claim than its worth... and also there goes the work load of MOJ too. Job done!!!

Comment

I could not agree with you more, the sooner we get rid of the CMC's the better off many folk will be, then the MOJ can loose some staff, that should cut government money down as the whole episode is a waste of public money.

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                                There should be no need for any solicitors as that is the JOB of the FSA to do. They are just getting it all right I bet before they go out with a bang and "make" the banks redress. I just hope that they take away the need for claims companies (who seem to prey on people desperate anyway) and solicitors who take away more of your claim than its worth... and also there goes the work load of MOJ too. Job done!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X