• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Latest Update on PPI Judicial Review - NO APPEAL - get your claims in......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold

so bascially, all claims pre-2005 are on hold?

those post 2005 are ok?

Comment

Thats not confirmed info NLP, just one view on it, we are waiting for exact clarification.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The bbc seem to agree with what i put Legal Beagles Consumer Forum - View Single Post - Latest updates on PPI Judicial Review and claims on hold however we have emailed that (virtually) to brian mairs and are waiting for him to get back to us whether that IS the situation.

This is what Tools sent to the BBA earlier

Could the BBA please confirm if the statement from the "Lloyds spokeswoman" is accurate being that all their complaints will be held or that they will now follow the BBA's updated statement that only complaints impacted by the Judicial Review may be held. It would also be useful if we could inform people as to what the criteria is for "impacted by" is.

We are expecting an influx of enquiries asking if individual complaints will be affected and it would be helpful to be able to assist people if the criteria was known.

Would it be possible for us to be supplied with any documentation relating to the Judicial Review or are these restricted.

Are we correct in assuming that the BBA and its members want:
        Policies taken out up to 05/01/2008 to be restricted to the Regulations and Guidelines of ICOB
        Policies taken out between 06/01/2008 and 01/12/2010 to be restricted to the Regulations and Guidelines of ICOBS
        Future policies to be taken out after 01/12/2010 to be restricted to the upcoming and or any future Regulations and Guidelines

Is it the concerns of the BBA and its members that the FSA wish to apply the upcoming changes to all previous policies and that the FSA may apply their new powers for redress under the Financial Services Act 2010 to such complaints.

If we have misunderstood or have do not have the full extent of the concerns could you please let us know.

Many thanks again for your time and continued assistance
        Originally posted by bbc
        They also argue that past cases should be judged against the requirements of the rules that applied at the time the policies were sold, specifically the Insurance Conduct of Business Sourcebook from January 2005 and its successor rules which applied from January 2008.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
          All complaints will be handled in accordance with FSA rules so clearly the issue is over redress and not over whether the sale is a misselling or a non misseelling one.

I don't think it's that. The point I was making is that FSA complaints handling rules require the firm to fully investigate and provide a final response within 8 weeks. So for me it's not the nature of the complaint or the redress but the handling requirements that is the issue.

I do agree that we should know how the BBA can claim to comply with FSA rules without a waiver but it would be pointless asking the BBA to get a definitive answer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
            presumbaly all interest and charges remain frozen on disputed accounts though pending this application...
            I would like to assume this to be correct, but I suspect we will have to argue this point every damned time. Obviously very important to keep statements during the hold period for this purpose, methinks.

Comment

Its basically what we know really but 2 updates on the MSE site here....

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...ing-ppi-claims

Lloyds Banking Group has been joined by many of its rivals in freezing payment protection insurance (PPI) claims.

Read on above link for further news.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...-in-ppi-battle

Santander has broken ranks and become an unlikely consumer champion by refusing to take part in controversial legal plans by banks to block mass compensation to payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling victims.

More on above link to follow.....
              Last edited by di30; 13th October 2010, 14:05:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                Its basically what we know really but 2 updates on the MSE site here....

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...ing-ppi-claims

Lloyds Banking Group has been joined by many of its rivals in freezing payment protection insurance (PPI) claims.

Read on above link for further news.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...-in-ppi-battle

And Santander joins in.....

Santander has broken ranks and become an unlikely consumer champion by refusing to take part in controversial legal plans by banks to block mass compensation to payment protection insurance (PPI) mis-selling victims.

More on above link to follow.....
                santnader have not joined in.. they have become heroes and need lauding on a lrge scale.

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                  santnader have not joined in.. they have become heroes and need lauding on a lrge scale.

LOL, I said that one wrong didn't I ?? Just corrected it now by deleting it. x
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

In my opinion, Santander have not been that bad on the reclaiming front either, I know others may not think so, my son's taken a matter of a few weeks to have a successful reclaim, they sold him insurance on a burtons card when he was a full time student.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------

Anyone want a job as a pp complaint claims handler?? LOL

Lots on the jobfront here ......

http://www.indeed.co.uk/Ppi-Complaint-Handler-jobs

(should i leave a gap before posting to avoid merging posts folks)?
                  Last edited by di30; 13th October 2010, 14:12:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by NLP View Post
                    Yes, quite and I think that lots will close their accounts and move over to Santander... at least they know what is fair.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                      Yes, quite and I think that lots will close their accounts and move over to Santander... at least they know what is fair.
                      I think so too Marshallka.

Comment

Anyone want a job as a pp complaint claims handler?? LOL

Lots on the jobfront here ......

http://www.indeed.co.uk/Ppi-Complaint-Handler-jobs

(should i leave a gap before posting to avoid merging posts folks)?
                        This is with a large bank ...??

Comment

Originally posted by marshallka View Post
                          This is with a large bank ...??

They certainly not short of these jobs are they?

Northampton, Bristol and so on.

They will definately need more staff the way its going though.

Seems to be all the large banks.

£73K!!!

One of them here:

PPI Complaint Handler

Salary: £73000
                          Placed: 12/10/2010 00:00:00
                          Sector(s): Accountancy & Finance
                          Type: Contract
                          Recruiter's Ref: 2810504

PPI Complaints Handler

Comment

wow. £73K. race ya to it.

Comment

They certainly not short of these jobs are they?

Northampton, Bristol and so on.

They will definately need more staff the way its going though.

Seems to be all the large banks.

£73K!!!

One of them here:

PPI Complaint Handler

Salary: £73000
                              Placed: 12/10/2010 00:00:00
                              Sector(s): Accountancy & Finance
                              Type: Contract
                              Recruiter's Ref: 2810504

PPI Complaints Handler
                              Yeah, a lot of money to be earned. Pity I was not qualified and lived in Northampton lol.

Comment

Blimey, for 73k I'd commute !
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X