• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed - ingenious legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed - ingenious legal

Hi all in new to this so please bare with me. I received a ppi refund late 2019 from MBNA. Didn’t ask for it and just thought they’d done it off their own backs. Dad has received cheques from Barclays without asking for them so never thought more of it.
    i then received an invoice off Ingenious Legal for their work. I never ever instructed any ppi company to look at my finances. They said it was done through a Facebook advert which I most definitely won’t have done as I’d never put my personal information into such an advert for obvious reasons.
    I asked them for the signed instruction and they sent over a paper which has my name on but not my signature, it’s nothing like my signature
    Now I have debt collectors writing to me.
    I have today sent Ingenious Legal a SAR letter to see if they can shed some light on all of this but as far as I am concerned, they acted without my permission.
    Does anyone have any advice here?
    Last thing I need is debt collectors at my door. I’m a single mum of 4 (husband left in August 19), I have twins with disabilities so don’t even work right now. I don’t need the stress of this on top of everything else

Tags: None

Hi, my dad is in exactly the same position. Thought it was done off the back of the bank and then suddenly receives phone calls and emails demanding 20% from this Company. He has never received any correspondence from this company before. It would be good to know what the next steps are now the debt collectors are involved.

Comment

We are also in this position as of today. Has anyone managed to resolve it?

Comment

If you never instructed them to act for you I cannot see how they can claim money from you.

Comment

Looking for answers on my issue.
          Ingenious legal are saying I owe them £250 for claiming a refund from ppi with black horse. Don't recall authorising them to do it for me.. Can't get that kind of money to get them of my back.

Comment

Originally posted by STARSK666 View Post
            Looking for answers on my issue.
            Ingenious legal are saying I owe them £250 for claiming a refund from ppi with black horse. Don't recall authorising them to do it for me.. Can't get that kind of money to get them of my back.
            You need to make a formal complaint to them. If you're not satisfied with their response then you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look at it.

Comment

Has anyone got any answers as what to do about ingenious legal pestering for their money.?

Comment

I literally have just signed up here to comment on this I too have had both email and written communication from this company saying I owe them around 1K for an approx 4K PPI settlement, like many on here I too dont recall instructing them to contact the bank reference but what's even odder for me is I don't recall having any dealings with the bank who are meant to be refunding the money and as yet haven't seen the alleged refund either and its around a month later.

I did contact them via email and said I haven't received any refund from the company they mentioned and they did put the account on hold they said and said I should have the refund within 30 days which will be about a week from now, not sure how best to proceed.

Should I just go ahead and pay on the assumption that perhaps i agreed to something on line as I did do a few PPI refund searches back just before the deadline but don't recall saying to go ahead.

Comment

I can only repreat what I said. If you feel that you didn't give your informed consent to pursue any claims you should make a formal complaint to them on that basis. That way if they reject it you can then take it to the Legal Ombudsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou77 View Post
                    Hi all in new to this so please bare with me. I received a ppi refund late 2019 from MBNA. Didn’t ask for it and just thought they’d done it off their own backs. Dad has received cheques from Barclays without asking for them so never thought more of it.
                    i then received an invoice off Ingenious Legal for their work. I never ever instructed any ppi company to look at my finances. They said it was done through a Facebook advert which I most definitely won’t have done as I’d never put my personal information into such an advert for obvious reasons.
                    I asked them for the signed instruction and they sent over a paper which has my name on but not my signature, it’s nothing like my signature
                    Now I have debt collectors writing to me.
                    I have today sent Ingenious Legal a SAR letter to see if they can shed some light on all of this but as far as I am concerned, they acted without my permission.
                    Does anyone have any advice here?
                    Last thing I need is debt collectors at my door. I’m a single mum of 4 (husband left in August 19), I have twins with disabilities so don’t even work right now. I don’t need the stress of this on top of everything else
                    I am experiencing the same issues. Did anyone here successfully pursue this and get it sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by dawnhoran View Post

I am experiencing the same issues. Did anyone here successfully pursue this and get it sorted?
                      I am currently trying to find out what I can do about this as I also have these issues. Ingenious Legal told me I clicked on an Instagram ad from my iPhone and that I apparently signed an agreement digitally on the phone which is why my signature doesn't;t look like mine. I would never have done that and just to be sure I checked my 'link' history in Instagram. Surprise surprise, no history of any clicks onto this company's advert. I'm not sure where to go from here but they are asking for £900 from me....

Comment

Originally posted by Tannibear View Post

I'm not sure where to go from here but they are asking for £900 from me....
                        You need to make a formal complaint to them. If you're not satisfied with their response then you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post

all of you read this as it is repeated for you and make the complaint then come back here ?

Comment

start you own threads then no mix ups

Comment

Originally posted by dawnhoran View Post

"How did you get on?"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X