• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cento Client Review ( CCR Claims ) Client connection Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cento Client Review - BEWARE!!!

Just to show how easy it can be reclaiming your credit card charges and that you can do it yourself without using the Claims Management Companies ( or handing over £150 as well as all your personal financial information ) please read this thread

Tools v Barclaycard ( Overlimit / Late Payment Charges )
    Last edited by Amethyst; 12th June 2009, 06:51:AM.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

To clarify just because you 'agreed' to the charges at the outset does not mean they can't be challenged at a later date - There are already a number of matters being fought on precisely those grounds - It also the OFT argument that whether or not it can be claimed by the banks that we agreed to the penalty charges the OFT intend to rule them unfair

Comment

What do you reckon to this

Corrie star helps write off Bank of Scotland debt - 11 June 2009

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
          It would be good if we could get hold of the actual judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by adjustmum
            now understand why my exdirectory phone number is inundated with cold calls from various companys offering government backed schemes to write off my debt..
            Go on to TPS TPS Registration
            Dragging myself and my family back into the light with the help of Beagles.

My Hardship Claim
            Me VS Abbey Win
            BIL HSBC Credit Card
            BIL EGG
            BIL HSBC Loan
            BIL PPI Win

Comment

another news article on Claims management Companies misleading adverts.

Debt adverts misleading, says ASA

A debt management company has been told not to publish misleading adverts about the chances of people being able to write off their debts.
              The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said an ad from the website Loan-Free was misleading.
              It had suggested that credit card and bank debts agreed before April 2007 might not need to be repaid.
              But the ASA said the company and its solicitors had failed to provide sufficient evidence to back this up.
              The advert in question, published in regional newspapers, had stated: "If your credit card or loan was taken out before April 2007 it could be completely unenforceable and will not need to be repaid.
              "Our solicitors can use government legislation to arrange for your outstanding balances to be written off and claim compensation for you."
              The ASA decided this "was likely to mislead readers as to the likelihood of their debts being written off".
              Warnings
              The past year has seen a boom in the number of claims management companies trying to encourage people to challenge the legality of loan agreements which had struck before April 2007, under the old provisions of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act.
              They argue that if lenders cannot prove they have stuck to the strict paperwork requirements of the 1974 law, then the debts cannot be enforced.
              Firms trying to attract this sort of business have recently been warned by the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Fair Trading and the solicitors' regulatory authority not to exaggerate the chances of success.
              Loan-Free, run by a business called Debt Free UK, denied its advert contained any exaggeration.
              It said its advert did not promise that all debts could necessarily be written off.
              The firm told the ASA that 76% of the credit card agreements, and 85% of the loan agreements, they had passed to their solicitors had breached the terms of the consumer credit act to the point where they were legally unenforceable.
              However, the firm's solicitors refused to back this up to the satisfaction of the ASA.
              Arguing that supplying the figures would be a breach of their obligation to maintain their clients' confidentiality, they said only that "they had successfully challenged numerous credit agreements, with balances written off and clients' credit ratings restored". Debt Free UK was also criticised by the ASA for not making it clear in its advert that customers might have to pay fees to both the company and its solicitors.

Story from BBC NEWS:
              BBC NEWS | Business | Debt adverts misleading, says ASA

Published: 2009/06/17 11:14:37 GMT

© BBC MMIX

Comment

Thank goodness Gordon that you had the sense to do some research before your friend parted with £149.

Please ask you friend to register and if there is anything we could help her with in the way of reclaiming the services here are all free and she would be in control and further more she would not be parting with any further information to a third party.

According to Ministry of Justice they should not be cold calling and if you have a read of the BBC article that I just posted just confirms that consumers should be very wary of dealing with these companies and parting with their hard earned cash.

Tuttsi

Comment

Centro called back this evening to see if I had had time to think! I asked them where they had got my infomation and telephone number from and was told it was consumer credit information that they had access to?????? Told them a little web searching last night had provided me with enough information to be clear I would not want to part with any money for their "services". Imediately the response was .... did you get information from Legal Beagals? I said that I had and she replied that I should be aware that they were considering legal action against LB for their misrepresentation and that all I needed to know was that they were a regulated company. Thankfully I don't part with cash that easily and having read the thread on LB about this company I am very happy I was'nt able to be swayed despite her persistance. Thank you to all at LB for the clear info and advice!

Comment

Thank you for that adjustmum,

Cento or their representatives have not contacted Legal Beagles and if they do we will deal with that accordingly.

In the meantime I stand by everything I have said.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

adjustmum Forgive me & I'm sorry if what I say appears harsh but do you think it was wise to confirm your info & advice came from Legal Beagles - What purpose did it serve - you could simply have said no - It's none of their business anyway

Whilst they may not have contacted the site yet your confirmation may well provoke some action by them - & why not after all they have a business to protect

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                        adjustmum Forgive me & I'm sorry if what I say appears harsh but do you think it was wise to confirm your info & advice came from Legal Beagles - What purpose did it serve - you could simply have said no - It's none of their business anyway

Whilst they may not have contacted the site yet your confirmation may well provoke some action by them - & why not after all they have a business to protect
                        Given the claims that a lot on this site have made against them I would have thought you would have welcomed it. Whether the claims are right or wrong, I feel they have a right to defend themselves. It doesn't sound right that the claims should be made and then people seem worried that they may do something about them. If they are true you have nothing to worry about, surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by adjustmum View Post
                          Centro called back this evening to see if I had had time to think! I asked them where they had got my infomation and telephone number from and was told it was consumer credit information that they had access to?????? Told them a little web searching last night had provided me with enough information to be clear I would not want to part with any money for their "services". Imediately the response was .... did you get information from Legal Beagals? I said that I had and she replied that I should be aware that they were considering legal action against LB for their misrepresentation and that all I needed to know was that they were a regulated company. Thankfully I don't part with cash that easily and having read the thread on LB about this company I am very happy I was'nt able to be swayed despite her persistance. Thank you to all at LB for the clear info and advice!
                          There is nothing that has been said on this thread which is wrong. We have only drawn consumers to beware before parting with cash to Cento or indeed any other Claims Management Company and have only told consumers what we have discovered. Consumers have to make their own choices.

The BBC did a piece recently and now the News of the World are in the process of doing a piece on Claims Management Companies in general.

This was the advice given by the Ministry of Justice to the BBC recently :-

Kevin Rousell, Ministry of Justice

"They're obviously only concerned about getting money off you as quickly as they can. It's a con."
                          The company that approached Mr Sharrock wasn't licensed by the Ministry of Justice.
                          But even amongst more legitimate claims companies, consumer groups say the assertions they make in their adverts are often misleading.
                          Typically one company claims on its website that "80% of all credit agreements may be unenforceable".
                          In other words, the chances of getting your debts written off are high.
                          'Talk to lender'
                          But the Citizens Advice Bureau believes such figures are completely unrealistic.
                          Sue Edwards, the CAB's head of consumer policy, says the chances of getting any debts written off in this way are "probably quite slim."
                          The Ministry of Justice has already issued two warnings about such claims. But with new companies springing up every week, the ministry is struggling to keep up with them.
                          Kevin Rousell from the ministry suggests consumers should never pay any money up front, and they should find other ways of getting rid of debt
                          "If there is a genuine issue about debt, the right thing is to talk to your lender first, not to find some other way of wiping your debt," he said.
                          The Ministry now has a team of 34 enforcement officers in the Midlands, including five new recruits. Their job is to crack down on misleading claims, and, if nec
                          Last edited by TUTTSI; 19th June 2009, 06:43:AM. Reason: underlined the quote from kevin rousell moj

Comment

just a point - this is an open public forum and we would be delighted for cento to come along, sign up and put their side of things across, they have right of reply as does anyone else.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Oh My God People!!!!! Get A Grip!!!! Whos Care About It. I Do Not Have A Clue Who This Company Is, But How You Do You Really Know That They Could Be Legal, And People Like You Who Moan All The Time And Got Nothing Better To Do Than Caomplain About Calls, Need To Get A Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get A Job Or Go Back To Really Life!!!! If You Dont Want There Serivce Then Dont Do It, And Make Everyone Make There Decisions In Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

and welcome to the forum
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X