• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Allay claims Bullying or trying to.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allay claims Bullying or trying to.

Hi Good people,

This is my first post so firstly good morning and thanks for having me.

Back in 2019 I filled out a free PPI checker on Facebook that turned out to be Allay claims. I didn't know this at the time and was just curious as to PPI in general. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks months and then began receiving letter from Allay asking for authority to continue, these all went swiftly in the bin and never did I sign a letter of authority for them to contact my banks.

Anyway onto roughly July 2020 out of the blue I received a letter from my previous bank stating that they were refunding a PPI claim that had been filed on my behalf and sent a check for a couple of thousand.

Following this I then received an invoice from Allay demanding roughly £580.

I made a complaint to them on the 3rd September 2020 stating that I had never given them authority to proceed with anything and that all mail that had been received from them had been binned, there was never a letter returned or a wet signature given.

They are stating that I gave a signature on the Facebook link and although I can't remember this they have provided me with a signature that looks similar but like it's been provided by a spider. I have been bombarded with 3 to 5 texts a week and loads of emails most have been received in spam.

I viewed a post on legal beagles that looks identical to mine (https://legalbeagles.info/forums/sea...%7D%7D&q=allay) and was just wondering if anyone could provide some help and advise.

This isn't about money it's the fraudulent attempt from Allay to gain recompense via their own aggression and cheap tactics.

I responded asking for info and they provided me with the documents competed from online or more to the point their version and an electronic signature.

I have never been to the ombudsman as it just looks a minefield and I since blocked all voice calls from Allay, I still get the texts and emails, this has been constant now and received my most recent email yesterday 4th May.

They are now stating that I have 5 options. PAY UP, STATUTORY DEMAND and pursue bankruptcy proceeding if your unpaid balance qualifies, COUNTY COURT JUDGEMENT against you which may affect your ability to obtain credit. WARRANT OF CONTROL by Bailiffs/Sheriffs to remove goods you own and DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY may be next to contact you.

Thanks for checking in and If you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Tags: None

Hiya and welcome.

Normally your best course of action would be refer your copmplaint to the Ombudsman. However....

Originally posted by daley6522 View Post

I made a complaint to them on the 3rd September 2020 stating that I had never given them authority to proceed with anything and that all mail that had been received from them had been binned, there was never a letter returned or a wet signature given.
    The Ombudsman's rules are that you have six months to refer your complaint to them from the point you received Allay's final response to your complaint. Do you know if & when they responded?

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
      Hiya and welcome.

Normally your best course of action would be refer your copmplaint to the Ombudsman. However....

The Ombudsman's rules are that you have six months to refer your complaint to them from the point you received Allay's final response to your complaint. Do you know if & when they responded?

[Thread moved to Claims Management forum]

Hi EXC,

Thanks for your response.

They responded around September 2020 if that helps.

I have all the emails still.

Best Regards

Daley

Comment

Ok can you forward me their response to your complaint please nick@legalbeaglesgroup.com

Also was the free PPI check website this one? ONLINE Hidden Insurance Checker Service (archive.org)

Comment

Hi EXC,

Thanks for your response.

They responded around September 2020 if that helps.

I have all the emails still.

Best Regards

Daley
          Hi Nick,

Thanks for that, I've just responded.

Best Regards
          Daley

Comment

Got it, thanks.

The problem is we can't take the complaint to the Ombudsman now as it's their rule that they don't accept complaints over 6 months from the point you got the final response from the company. Allay gave you their final response on 7 Sept so we've missed the boat I'm afraid.

I'm guessing Allay's bill is about £500?

The irony is that If they took you to court you'd probably win - see Allay LOSE in Court - LegalBeagles Forum

We'd be happy to assist if they did issue a claim.

They couldn't get bailiffs involved unless they won in court and you didn't pay, despite the garbage they're telling you.

But they might just decide to sell the 'debt' on and you could get more payment demands from them instead.

It's up to you of course but if I were you I'd just ignore them for now and see what happens. If ever they did issue a claim that would probably be a good thing.

Comment

Hi Nick,

Thanks once again for everything. Shame time to contact ombudsman has lapsed, however I’m quite willing to go to court. If I was to lose, which hopefully I wouldn’t, what sort of costs am I looking at.

I think I will ride the storm and I’ll keep you informed as anything develops.

Best regards
              Daley

Comment

If I was to lose, which hopefully I wouldn't, what sort of costs am I looking at.
                Well nothing in terms of legal costs as it will be small claims track where costs are generally not awarded. You'd have to pay their fee for filing the claim and the hearing fee (if there is hearing) so a few hundred quid at worst.

Although I haven't heard of them issuing a claim against anyone else since we beat the crap out of them last year.

Good luck and keep us posted

Comment

Well nothing in terms of legal costs as it will be small claims track where costs are generally not awarded. You'd have to pay their fee for filing the claim and the hearing fee (if there is hearing) so a few hundred quid at worst.

Although I haven't heard of them issuing a claim against anyone else since we beat the crap out of them last year.

Hi Nick,

Thanks, Brilliant news,

I'm not for a few hundred quid thankfully, so bring it on Allay.

Best Regards
                  Daley

Comment

Hi Nick,

They have now past the alleged debt onto a company called CRS, I have included their texts from the last few days, Can you offer any advise please

Best Regards

Comment

I'm interested to hear the outcome of this as I have a similar problem with the debt being passed to CRS but I'haven't made a complaint yet. They also have my name spent incorrectly as I've only spoken to the on the phone and not completed paperwork.

Comment

Hi Nick,

They have now past the alleged debt onto a company called CRS, I have included their texts from the last few days, Can you offer any advise please

Best Regards
                        If Allay had sold the 'debt' to CRS you should have received assignment of it so it sounds like they're just a debt collection agency and as such don't have anymore enforcement powers than Allay. I'd ignore for now.

Comment

If Allay had sold the 'debt' to CRS you should have received assignment of it so it sounds like they're just a debt collection agency and as such don't have anymore enforcement powers than Allay. I'd ignore for now.
                          Thanks once again, The amount is exactly the same, so I thought it may have just been Allay in disguise, from con-merchant to errrrrrr con-merchant

Comment

Loads of people have had contact from CRS about Allay 'debts' in the last few days.

Comment

Loads of people have had contact from CRS about Allay 'debts' in the last few days.
                              Hi Nick,

Is it ok to send you the latest email by these clowns please.

Best Regards

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X