• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

welcome finance help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: welcome finance help needed

Hi Scooby,

I have made my thoughts on the matter clear but there seems to be a difference of opinion to hold onto the items for whatever reason I am still unclear about and which hasn't been explained.

Its hard to agree on whats best when one or two people are convinced of what they would do. Unless others are preparred to offer a comment then its a choice for the OP to decide on whats best for them.

Comment

Its ok I was not having a go - its just that Poochie is worried about doing the right thing . I am sure we will get there in the end .I would hope that the IFO will get back to her quickly as it really does need sorting ASAP.

Was there a telephone number on the email Poochie?
      "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Thank you for contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office. Your enquiry has been received successfully. A copy of your submission is included below for your reference.
        The information you have provided has been added to our records and will be reviewed as soon as possible. Should we feel there is any further action for you to take, or any additional information we need we will contact you as soon as possible.
        For further assistance
        Should you have any questions regarding this email, or require any further assistance please contact our Helpline on 08456 30 60 60.
        Want to be kept up to date about the work of the ICO?
        Subscribe to our e-newsletter.
        Here is a copy of the information you provided to us.
        Customer details

Title: Mrs.
        First name:
        Last name:
        Email:
        Previous contact

Have you contacted us before?: No
        Contact preference

I would prefer to be contacted by: Email
        Enquiry details

I wish to: report a breach of security
        Further Information: I done a subject access request from our loan company and in amongst the paperwork I have found details relating to another customer which also has her credit card details, full name, address, date of birth, etc. I was advised to contact you to find out wat to do with the paperwork and report the company for breach of security.
        Supporting documents

You have not uploaded any documents
        regards,
        The ICO

This is an automated email, please do not reply to it.

------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
        thats wat I sent to them and wat I got in reply... I just copied and pasted onto here so you can see wat has been said to them.... I did not scan and send them any documents coz Im too scared to let anyone see the documents...Hope I done right but please feel free to let me know if I didnt..... Thats why I come on this site, you all seem to know wat to do and say...so for all opinions expressed and advise etc, Im trully grateful
        as for the ladies documents with her details on them.... I thot that she should be the one to get them because they are about her and were sent in error to me so she has a right to know they have sent her details out without being careful and double checkin wat was in my paperwork.
        My hubby was of the other opinion to keep them and use at later date but to me that sounded like I would be keepin them to use as a barganing tool which is not nice.... I wouldnt like it if someone was usin my details to further their own cause...
        I am trully confused but have had no answer from the ico other than wat is above..... How long do I wait on an answer or do I just contact the lady in question and hand over the documents.
        If I habd her the documents then how can she prove where she got them when arguin with welcome?...would they then contact me and ask questions cause I would then get scared and feel it was all my fault etc...Im a real chicken wen arguin with authority figures etc :cry:
        I realy would appreciate help on this guys cause I feel the longer I hold onto the documents before handin them over, then the guiltier I am of commitin some crime or other
        Last edited by poochie; 10th February 2009, 22:18:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Poochie you need to remove personal details from your post above as this is an open forum.

Comment

Just done it with a little help...thanx I wasnt payin attention wen pastin it for people to see.....sorry

Comment

Why dont you just ring the help linel and ask them what they want you to do with the documents - they may want then for evidence after all - just explain you are very anxious about what to do.
              "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Comment

Hi Poochie if you are in agreement to send the documents to the person who they belong to then I would approach it like this:

1) Write to the person at the address you have been given and ask them to call you on a mobile as this will give you the opportunity to discuss the matter with them before just sending the documents as you dont want them to get into the wrong hands.

I would word it politely but without saying what infomation you have. Something along the lines of:

Dear **********,

I am a customer of Welcome Financial Services Ltd and recently sent them a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 which entitles me to all the personal data they hold on me as I am in dispute with them regarding one of my loans.

Unfortunately when I was sent this there was some information which relates to you included in my information. I am personally angry that Welcome have been so careless when they should have only passed me info about myself and not that of another person.

I therefore think that Welcome Financial Services are in breach of the Data Potection Act 1998 and that you would be entitled to take the matter up with them at your own convenience and request some sort of compensation for their breaches.

As I am sure you will be aware I must make sure that I pass this back to the right person so I was wondering if you would consider phoning me on my mobile in order to discuss the info I have and to arrange for us to meet up so that I can pass this back to you in person.

When we meet you will need to be able to prove to me that you are who you say you are to avoid the info getting into the wrong hands so it would be seful if you could bring a form of ID. I understand that this may all seem a bit bizare but I am willing to meet you in a very public place of your choice to give this back to you.

I was considering sending the info back to Welcome Financial Services direct but feel that you have a right to bring them to account for their breaches of Data Protection. May I also point out that I have also logged a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office and once you have the info back I would strongly suggest that this may be something you might consider doing also.

Your faithfully

You could even let them know about Legal Beagles and let them know that if the wanted support in dealing with Welcome the could register free and we could help her to do this.
                You could even offer to meet the person at Welcomes branch just get them to meet you at a specified time to pass them the info.

This would be safe and you could take your husband with you also.

Oh and it would have the added bonus of making WFS very embarrased. But thats up to you.
                Last edited by TANZARELLI; 10th February 2009, 23:03:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

the letter looks good, so will try type up the letter tonight wen I get chance and aslo intended to fone the ico again because I still not had reply from them yet and am gettin worried about holdin the ladies info too long....
                  I will check back online after teatime ...thanx again for all help and advice...much appreciated

Comment

visit a Welcome branch with the data subject in tow! Don't do it cos if your not trying to look vindictive (which I truly believe your not) this won't help. It's one thing to BE vindictive but it's quite another to be SHOWN as being vindictive.

I hate Welcome as much as the next person. In fact as well as helping other victims it was MY intervention that saved that victim her home 2 Xmas ago and that also helped expose the phony loans.

My advice send the data back to Welcome & write to the subject telling them what you have done thereby putting their mind at rest then it's up to THEM what they want to do with the info.

If you decide against my advice be aware they could also be having problems with Welcome (& probably are) & though certainly not your intention your actions could provoke unexpected retaliatory action by Welcome against the data subject

Comment

I wouldn't recommend arranging to meet anyone unknown to you, I would keeo as removed as possible and concentrate on your own issues with welcome, leave it up to the other data subject to deal with the issue themselves if they so wish. I would agree with Righty, return the data to Welcome and write to the data subject informing them what you have done and list the information you received and inform them what the breach is and possibly suggest writing to Welcome.

Apologies Tanz.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This gets more confusing by the minute but I do appreciate everyones opinion and advice.... I know I keep sayin it but I do mean...I am total chicken and scaredy cat and really dont know which way to go from all the opinions expressed

Comment

No worries Amethyst. Nice to have some additional comment from the team. The more I have thought about the letter today the more something was niggling about the whole thing and the way I worded it sounded like one of those email scams LMAO.

I am willing to agree to yours and rightys suggestion now to return the info to Welcome, if a letter is also sent to the person who's data security has been breached.

What I wouldn't recomend still though is what was suggested earlier and that was to hold onto the info.

Hopefully Poochie you can move forward on this now and get on with the real battle.

Sorry for this discussion dragging on lol.

Comment

Poochie

Reference the arrears, as they are more than you thought how do you want to handle that

I suggest a letter along the lines of the one i sent you stating you can not understand the letter they sent you. Ask them to adjust the figure to take into account the Decmber payment and state again that you had an agreement with xxx (name of person)to add three months ( give details ) until the end of the loan . Ask them to confim that, by checking their records and then send you a new letter so you can agree the figure and decide on a course of action.

Comment

ok sounds good to me but I may need help on the letters to send to welcome and the person who's documents I got. I will also need to know exactly where and what office of welcome to send the docs to. Also, I would have to send them recorded delivery wont I?
                              Yes scooby, I would like to pursue the arrears fiasco cause they seem to agree to things then get new staff who start harrassing us cause they aitn aware of any previous agreements so it would be nice to get somethin in writin..... Can I get help on that letter to or would just an ordinary letter expressin my grieviances work?
                              Thanx so much to everyone..... Much appreciated

Comment

If you send anything its best to send rec del so you can track its delivery.

With regards to the letter if you have something sent by scooby already to base it on then just tweak it to suit and post it up for comment poohcie and then we can add to it if needed.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X