• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Flangies v Capital One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flangies v Capital One

You need to use a spred sheet to calculate the purchase rate (which is a Compound Contractual rate).

That spread sheet only calculates statutory interest.
    The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

ok I guess there is one on the site? Please advise
      Gosh so many questions
      x

Comment

There you go

Legal Beagles

Comment

Thanks very much; is it worth me fighting for this compund interest? I know it is more complicated; or shall I just go for the statutory interest?

Please advise
          x

Comment

Whichever you decide. You have to go with whatever is right for you. Budgie had a successful claim with Compounded Contractual Interest but it was long and hardfought. I claimed Compound Interest at 14.9% I think it was, many moons ago and got it without a fight at all. It's a bit of a minefield and you have to be sure what you want to do.

If it was me i'd send the spreadie in with CCI, then wait and see what happens. becuase for CCI you have to claim it from the start. You can always have a rethink later on.
            Is no longer here

Comment

Wendy

Thanks so much for your advice; I will have a little think; honestly havent got the energy for a long fight tee hee! had that last year with bank charges...

If I do decide on Statutory interest; I know I will get valuable help on here from you folk! If I go down this route; i can only put the £12, £18 & £20 overlimit fees cant I?

NOT Return chq fee, Return Direct Debit fee, Return payment fee def? is this correct??

Thanks again
              x

Comment

Originally posted by WendyB View Post
                Yes. Claim them all. Put them all on your spreadsheet. If they are on you can always take them off (though you won't have to). If they are not on it would be a pain to add them on later.

Claim everything then argue about it if the need arises.
                CLAIM THEM ALL!!
                Is no longer here

Comment

okey dokey I will put them all on then on the contractural interest spreadie or the compound?? Last question - sorry

I want to do this today get it off with my letter; I am raring to go now lol
                  xxxxxxxxx

Comment

I can't make that decision for you. Do both spreadsheets and see what the total comes to, then decide. Read Budgies thread first about his battle with Crap One, before you decide what to do. Go with whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Depends if you want a quick fix or are prepared for a long and (IMO) complicated battle.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

I'm not suggesting a budgie attack !

Rather apply for the interest applied to the accounty against the charges (they wont argue that).

then add Statutory at court.

Budgie applied for contractual Interest in the alternative to the Statutory rate.
                      The charges coming in to the banking industry every day will more than pay the banks total legal bill for the whole test case so why wouldn’t the Banks want to "ensure Justice at the highest level"

Comment

So basically fill in the spready with the interest rate changed to whatever rate was applied to his account? Thats what i did (I think) can't remember, its been so long ago. I know I did the same with my OH's and they turned it down, and instead refunded the whole of the Purcxhase interest that has ever been debited, I think.
                        Is no longer here

Comment

Thanks so much folks for all advice; spreadsheet completed along with letter; I am just about to post off; one more question on the spreadsheet it asks for sort code & account number. Is this my capital one account number and cap ones sort code or mine?

Comment

Just put your cap 1 account no where it says account no (ignore sort code thats just for bank accounts).

So you should be asking for:

1. Charges (including£12 charges)

2 "Purchase rate" (the interest they have cherged you) interest which has been taken as a consiquence of the application of said charges.

3. Statutory interest (8%) on all of the above if (and when) it goes to Court.

Dont expect any admission of liability or substantial offer until the court papers have been issued.

Bon chance!

Comment

ah so the purchase interest too? thats loads charges lol!
                              ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                              Thanks very much for all your help; just added purchase interest on too; loads money. I will let you know the outcome
                              Last edited by Flangies; 10th June 2009, 14:29:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ok Robster
                                Please find my spreadie attached; would you please check it over for me briefly and advise before posting off

I look forward to hearing from you
                                x
                                Last edited by Flangies; 21st October 2009, 15:48:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X