• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tempty V Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad you are ok now tempty....
    You can put your feet up for weekend with some wine and chill out.....lol
    And we got enaid for company over a nice bottle of white.....
    Russ

Comment

• Russ have you not done anything about Paypal? I really thought that thing was very rare but then I am new to ebay and paypal etc.

Comment

• thanks Russ,
        for helping to keep me sane and for allways putting a smile on my face.
        Enaid I swear you must be my very own gardian angel, allways there when I need advice. Thank honey. you really don't know how much I appreciate it

Comment

• ok got a letter from the courts today!
          are they trying to scare me off now aswell??

it reads:

your application dated 29 june 2007 was reffered to the distric judge who said - "is the claiment aware that issuing for more then £5,000 takes the case into the fast track where she is at risk of costs and has to prepare for a formal trial?"

My charges are £4,848.00 it's the interest of 8% that takes it over the £5,000 to £5,640.60.
          I was under the impression that the claim was based upon the charges only.... and that it did'nt matter if the interest took it over £5,000!!!!
          or am I wrong?

I'm a little confussed as to what I should do now (no change there then...lol) any suggestions?? what do I say in reply to the court? what sort of costs could I be liable for?? I don't want to end up bankrupt over this ffs?? Grrr I'm annoyed now..... and paniking .....again ....lol

Comment

• Tempty that is crap I too thought it was not including the interest, there has got to be some info somewhere about this have you had a look?

Comment

• not yet, just home with hubby and opened this.......had a panic attack and not calmed down enough to look yet ....lol
              oh eck..... allways seem to be me.

Comment

• havin meself a cuppa...... and a smoke ....lol
                will sort meself out in a min or 3

Comment

• just found this on Money Saving Expert!
                  ok so what do I do now??
                  anyone?

Small claims in England and Wales are cases under £5,000, that’s before any statutory interest is added. Try to keep claims below this if possible, either by making a separate claim for each different account with the same bank, or if you're just a few hundred above the limit you may want to consider lowering the asking amount down to £5,000 (even if your earlier letters demanded more) to minimise the risk.
                  Last edited by Tempty; 11th July 2007, 11:02:AM.

Comment

• Is it worth phoning the Court and querying it?
                    Is no longer here

Comment

• it might be worth a go! i just don't want to be seen as aurguing the judges decesion!!! might not go down to well!......lol

I allways thought this would stay in the small claims, the thought of it going to fast track really does scare the s**t out of me......I'm not leagaly minded

Comment

• and welcome back from yer hols btw
                        hope you had a good time

Comment

• Yeah, had a brill time. Back at work today though, can't seem to get into it.....

You could just ring up the court and act as if you're just a bit unsure, etc, then they won't think you're arguing with the Judge. Just say that you thought that the amount was before adding the interest on so it would be under £5000 not counting the interest....
                          Is no longer here

Comment

• can't hurt to try i suppose
                            I'll give it a go

Comment

• Just had a look at the courts website, its not clear on there, just says if its under 5000 then it would be small claims, doesn't mention interest.....
                              Is no longer here

Comment

• yeah I looked there too, only place I could find anything refferencing it was on Money Saving Expert..... but who know's how accurate that information is!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X