• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Santander on credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you make a formal complaint to satander at the time and any response?
    Last edited by MIKE770; 14th August 2018, 12:30:PM.

Comment

Santander

Comment

Santander UK plc

Comment

No I didn’t sorry
          didn’t know much about things at that time
          wish I did now though

Comment

Subject Access Request Letter send (No cost) Recorded Delivery to Satander this should throw up more information

Comment

Ok thanks
              will post ASAP
              let you know when I have a response

Comment

Originally posted by Woolfie842 View Post
                Ok thanks
                will post ASAP
                let you know when I have a response
                30 days you should have a response under new guidelines

Comment

Okay Hi there …

So you had a Santander account which was £6 overdrawn ( as far as you are aware ) and a payment went through ( which was not authorised by you - continuous payment authority or Direct Debit etc ? ) which led to an unauthorised overdraft position.

You complained to the bank but they stuck to their guns and you left the account and moved to Barclays. ( did you cancel DD's/SO's at that point? or use a switching service?)

Santander just charged themselves fees on your account taking it to the £463 overdrawn which they have issued a default for.

So - first step - send a SAR to Santander as Mike suggested, then you can look at making a further complaint. You want full transaction lists from the relevant period, and the terms and conditions in force on your account at that time,

If you can tell us a bit more about this unauthorised payment too pls.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I cancelled all direct debits on that account

it it was for a direct debit which I cancelled few days before as was no longer needed
                    but still the money was issued
                    also was for my old address
                    I will send first thing tomorrow
                    thanks again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X