• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Won by Default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won by Default

Hi all just thought I would let you all know Natwest did not enter a defence within 28 days for my claim for msold loan insurance. the 28 days were up on June 4th I was away at the time at sea.I checked with the court this morning and they told me to go on line and enter a default claim for £3795 which has been accepted thanks for all your help 1 down 2 to go.

Great stuff, was that all your payments and interest? bet you are feeling a lot better about your other claim now!

Comment

that's fantastic news
      well done, it's not very often they make it that easy for you, good for you.
      Do you know when they have to pay up by?

Comment

Hey Al

I wouldnt count your chickens yet hun, sorry to put a dampner on things, hopefully when they receive the default judgement they'll just pay up but they can still ask to set it aside and carry on with defence for any number of reasons.

Put your default judgement in but dont start splashing out on things just yet

Let us know how you go.

Ame
        x
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I dont know when they have to pay, I was just sitting waiting for some info from the court didnt realise their time was up I rang the court and they told me the deadline was passed they were very helpful and went through the process with me while I was on line.I wont count my chickens had to much bad luck in the past which put me in the position I was in geting all these charges.Will just sit back and wait now,I am away tomorrow so Work will take my mind off things

Comment

Hi Enaid no I didnt claim interest,when I made my claim I didnt even know about these sites I just got mad and went for it.

Comment

yep after you send back the request for default judgement the court will write and let u know if its been accepted or not - then a copy will go to defendants who will either pay, ignore it and you have to get bailiffs, or apply to set the judgement aside. So probably nothing more for at least a week.

Theres an article about DEFAULT JUDGEMENTS in the library.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

here - http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...t-reality.html

have a read then ask questions if you need to
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ahhh also if your default judgements turned down set aside or whatever you can apply to amend your claim to add in the s.69 interest too
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

yeah I know what you mean..... thinking about it all can seriously mess with your sanity....lol

I would do as Ame suggests....... take it with a pinch of salt at this stage. They may well still try to defend it. wait untill you hear from the courts in writting that it has been accepted. hope it goes well for you.... do keep us posted

Comment

Hi Amethyst,
                      thanks for the advice I have been into the library but there doesnt seem to be anything on default judgement unless its under another heading?

Comment

If you go back to post 8 on here Ame has left you a link, click on it and it will tell you about default judgments

Comment

Many Thanks Enaid I saw it went into the site Frightened me to death

Comment

Are you ok now though?
                            It should help you understand a little more although I find not always if it's not right plain English i get knackered. That's the Northern in me lol, plain and simple. Give a shout if you get stuck.

Comment

lol Al - really just send in your request for default judgement then wait to hear from court if its granted or not.

If not, then no problem you wait for your defence to come through

If it is granted, then contact the bank and tell them they will have to pay up now thanks, and you'll get an idea if they intend to file for a set aside (ask for a bit more time too get their defence in)....then come back here and we can think warrants etc then. no point yet.(although Cet might disagree with me on that bit )

Don't stress you just have to wait, but dont go leaping up and down just yet
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X