• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Originally posted by salsmoss View Post
    Thats correct, and im from a community too and i dont consent to being fined for parking outside my home.
    What if there is not a consensus in your community? What happens then? Remember, the MP's that are elected are from the communities and many a time they do not have a 100% voter count so that means that despite the non consensus in the community, there are still representatives who make laws who represent the community from which we all belong.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

If you park in the middle of a road and cause another driver to suffer then you will be arrested, common sense is what you need if i want to stop outside my home where the council have put double yelow lines then that is not going to stop me, i will park there but i will not hold up traffic or pedestrians, but they still fine you which is illegal and void regardless of the councils partner the adjudicator. Statutes legislation can all be repealed to suit them.
      Why would parking in the middle of the road be such an imposition, you could go around. You see you contradict yourself, you are making rules based what you consider reasonable. The yellow lines outside your house may well be to avoid traffic being disrupted by people parking, people travelling up and down your road may consider them as being totally reasonable.

Is iut more fair that just you decide what is fair or that we all decide s a community and make laws to enforce our wishes.

Comment

There is an agreement in the community, would you steal from the sweet shop if you knew youd be locked up for it or fined £600 and compensation for £20

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
          Why would parking in the middle of the road be such an imposition, you could go around. You see you contradict yourself, you are making rules based what you consider reasonable. The yellow lines outside your house may well be to avoid traffic being disrupted by people parking.

Is iut more fair that just you decide what is fair or that we all decide s a community and make laws to enforce our wishes.
          Or to prevent an obstruction if the street is narrow and there is parking on the other side of the street....

Comment

Why would parking in the middle of the road be such an imposition, you could go around. You see you contradict yourself, you are making rules based what you consider reasonable. The yellow lines outside your house may well be to avoid traffic being disrupted by people parking, people travelling up and down your road may consider them as being totally reasonable.

The street i live in has plenty of room for articulated lorries my friend, but the council use it for financial gain as we all park outside with no garages, plenty of room for articulated lorries coming from both directions a very wide road.

Comment

No verge to park in or driveway?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                No verge to park in or driveway?
                No nothing just the council car park which is almost half a mile away, park on a verge and police will come tell you to move it, tell the police that there is double yellow lines outside my home and he says that between you and the council next day you can bet your bottom dollar the council will put up a notice no parking on this verg £££

Comment

No nothing just the council car park which is almost half a mile away
                  How many tickets have you personally received from parking outside your house?

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                    How many tickets have you personally received from parking outside your house?
                    24, 6 paid for until i found out it what i know now

Comment

The street i live in has plenty of room for articulated lorries my friend, but the council use it for financial gain as we all park outside with no garages, plenty of room for articulated lorries coming from both directions a very wide road.
                      Well you should get together with you neighbors and complain to the traffic division of your council my lover, or attend the next meeting of your district assembly and present a petition showing that the imposition does not merit any benefit to the community.

This is what people do in a civilized society, because it is not possible to live without laws which are decided by the majority and adhered to by the individual.

Comment

Well you should get together with you neighbors and complain to the traffic division of your council my lover, or attend the next meeting of your district assembly and present a petition showing that the imposition does not merit any benefit to the community.

This is what people do in a civilized society, because it is not possible to live without laws which are decided by the majority and adhered to by the individual.
                        Tried it we were not allowed to a council meeting, we have been told that our complaint is being looked at and that it is a complicated subject lol, we have now been told that it would be dangerous to allow us to park there due to articulated traffic, they dont want to know

Comment

Tried it we were not allowed to a council meeting, we have been told that our complaint is being looked at and that it is a complicated subject lol, we have now been told that it would be dangerous to allow us to park there due to articulated traffic, they dont want to know
                          Have you taken video evidence showing that clearly that is complete hogwash?

Comment

Well then I would say you have your answer. Do you think that the council have some kind of personal vendetta against you, and wish to maliciously disrupt your parking privileges ?

Comment

This thread interests me not particularly for the parking issues but for the implications as to civil liberties, theft through taxation and the abstract nature of "money". It's a little lateral.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:

"Paper against Gold" by William Cobbett (link below) was written over 200 years ago (from Newgate prison - he was born almost exactly 250 years ago) - I wonder if anyone else will find it as relevant as I do (or if anyone else can be bothered to read it lol).

http://ia700307.us.archive.org/7/ite...brich_djvu.txt

A quote, for example:

"The tendency of taxation is to create a class of persons who do not labor, to take from those who do labor the produce of that labor, and to give it to those who do not labor.":lever:

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                                "The tendency of taxation is to create a class of persons who do not labor, to take from those who do labor the produce of that labor, and to give it to those who do not labor.":lever:
                                Like Robin Hood then - steals from the rich and gives to the poor. It's all rather charitable actually.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X