• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: You can't ignore parking fines, can you?

higgins v sefton council

Comment

Originally posted by salsmoss View Post
      higgins v sefton council
      This is what angers me. Misguided individuals who try and misrepresent legal cases. This has been bundled up as a court case but it is nothing more than a parking appeals tribunal, NOT A COURT OF LAW.

The Adjudicator rejected this argument and dismissed the appeal. His decision is attached in full.

The National Parking Adjudication Service is NOT a Court of Law and Adjudicators appointed by NPAS do NOT hold the status of High Court Judges.

SO WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO LINK THIS AS A COURT CASE WHEN IT IS NOT

i am still waiting for a court case that has been successful in a court of law using this style of a defence

Comment

higgins v sefton council
        This is the hearing i linked on post 380 the claim was thrown out, on the grounds that the BOR act had no bearing on the enforcement of a civil penalty, due to the 1991 ACT.

?????

Comment

Listen forceofone open your eyes to the fraud thats all around you, the adjudicator is part of the system and gets paid handsomely, if the bill of rights state it is illegal and void then its illegal and void, you dont think the adjudicator is going to set that for the council to lose are you and even if he did the council would have to find other ways of fineing you like walking to slow on a public pavement, legislation is there to take everything away and profit from it.

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
            This is the hearing i linked on post 380 the claim was thrown out, on the grounds that the BOR act had no bearing on the enforcement of a civil penalty, due to the 1991 ACT.

?????
            There you have it, legislation to take your right away

Comment

That is why you now have Civil Penalties instead of FINES

Civil penalties are statutory and have nothing to do with the BOR 1689

They are not Fines but

CIVIL PENALTIES

i am still waiting for a court case that has been successful in a court of law using this style of a defence

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post
                That is why you now have Civil Penalties instead of FINES

Civil penalties are statutory and have nothing to do with the BOR 1689
                Only by consent

Comment

There you have it, legislation to take your right away
                  You mean the right to get a fine and receive a criminal record ?

Comment

How can you say by consent, it is statutory

i give up

Comment

Only by consent

i give up

Comment

Originally posted by FORCEOFONE View Post

i give up
                        I didnt say it theresa may mp did "the way we police is by consent."

Comment

I am a bit of a loss to understand the nature of the argument here. Parking restrictions have to be enforced otherwise there would be bedlam, and no one would be able to move, surely that is obvious.

If they are not enforced through the criminal legal system then they must be enforced via a civil one.

How else would something be enforced other than issuing a fine or penalty, I suppose they could bring back the stocks.

Comment

I didnt say it theresa may mp did "the way we police is by consent."
                            "The way we police in Britain is not through use of water cannon," she said. "The way we police in Britain is through consent of communities."

The full quote which she said in 2011 in response to a question about the use of water cannon on rioters.

Link to article is here:
                            http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...er-cannon.html
                            "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                            (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by gravytrain View Post
                              I am a bit of a loss to understand the nature of the argument here. Parking restrictions have to be enforced otherwise there would be bedlam, and no one would be able to move, surely that is obvious.

If they are not enforced through the criminal legal system then they must be enforced via a civil one.

How else would something be enforced other than issuing a fine or penalty, I suppose they could bring back the stocks.
                              If you park in the middle of a road and cause another driver to suffer then you will be arrested, common sense is what you need if i want to stop outside my home where the council have put double yelow lines then that is not going to stop me, i will park there but i will not hold up traffic or pedestrians, but they still fine you which is illegal and void regardless of the councils partner the adjudicator. Statutes legislation can all be repealed to suit them.

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
                                "The way we police in Britain is not through use of water cannon," she said. "The way we police in Britain is through consent of communities."

The full quote which she said in 2011 in response to a question about the use of water cannon on rioters.

Link to article is here:
                                http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...er-cannon.html
                                Thats correct, and im from a community too and i dont consent to being fined for parking outside my home. Just like the rioters didnt consent to being water cannoned.

The rioter must of been warned to dissburse or they will be watercannoned, if the rioters do not move then they consent to being watercannoned, simple as that,
                                Last edited by salsmoss; 2nd May 2013, 19:14:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X