• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global Claim

Hi everyone, I'm new here so pleased to meet you all. I have a query for the forum. My wife and i have been married for 11 years but she previously had a marbles credit card in her maiden name. We moved house around 7 years ago and let out the house. We are now selling the property and i have just gone through some mail and found that my wife has a court claim from Arrow Global addressed to the old address and in her maiden name. The amount claimed is £1840. My question is how do i respond? Im pretty sure it is statute barred but i can't be 100% sure but we have had no correspondence at our current address for since we moved around 7 years ago. Do i ignore as i don't want it to affect her credit rating or do i respond? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global Claim

Is there an issue date on the court claim ? ( just checking if it's current or been there a while ) If you don't want it to affect the credit rating, do NOT ignore. It could well be statute barred so you're likely to have a defence, but few bits you will need to do to make sure it doesn't end up with a judgment.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes, 4th Sept 2017

Comment

Phew
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Lucky i went round as i have not been to property in weeks!

Comment

Okey Dokey

Have a read here
            First Steps
            then Acknowledge the Claim - today if at all possible ! ( you have 14 days from service to get this done )
            and send a CCA Request Letter & CPR 31.14 Request Letter
            to the claimant and/solicitor.

That all will put you on a good footing to get a strong defence in with a back up just in case there has been some acknowledgement/payment within the last 6 years that's been forgotten.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Do i use her maiden or married name on response pack as i don't want to give too much away at this stage?

Comment

Now it is a court claim there's not a lot of point being coy about location/names etc as it will all catch up at some point. If you hadn't found it and it had gone to a default judgment you might not have found out until you wanted to get a loan or remortgage, or even until you got an order from the court for enforcement. To be sure of not missing any further paperwork you could write to the claimant and court with the new name and address, or if you will be accessing the property regularly while in the selling process, you could just leave the claim running from there, but if it's likely to be more than a week between visits, I'd get the details updated.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think i will continue with maiden name and use my office address as contact address.

Comment

Thanks. I have responded online and have requested CCA.

Comment

Originally posted by jsz131719 View Post
                      I think i will continue with maiden name and use my office address as contact address.
                      Why do you want to give the court your office address and not your current home address for contact?

Di

Comment

I don't particularly want any potential judgement registered at my current address? The claim is in my wife maiden name and we have been married for 11 years so just trying to be careful i suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Paranoia maybe!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X