• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway & Train 4 Jobs - How to complain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I’m in the same boat, completed all the practical weeks and then told before you can go to the nvq assessment center I would have to build a plumbing portfolio and have it signed off by a plumber before I can go!! Impossible to do whilst working in a current job, was never told this or I wouldn’t have signed up to a £7000 loan agreement

Comment

Hi, has anyone had any joy with getting away from these con people

Comment

Does it say anything in the course documentation about being required to do on the job training and assessment to build a portfolio before doing the nvq assessment ?

An Nvq by nature is on the job training so if you were not working in the industry you should not have been accepted on the course.

which course are you doing ? ( exactly I mean - not just plumbing ) city & guilds course code etc .
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...ion&acc=level2
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

No never said anything about it, told him how many weeks holiday I get each year which would cover the weeks needed at an err collage and worked out ok spread over 3 years, ( has to be completed in 3 years) it was level 2 and 3 plumbing diploma, I will get the exact name of it shortly

Comment

Originally posted by pantick View Post
              Re: Trades Gateway & Train 4 Jobs - How to complain

hello. 10 months ago, I signed up for a course called TRAIN 4 JOBS, who signed a loan agreement with CARNEGIE CONSUMER FINANCE. The seller of course offered me false information about this course saying that the contract is with the school TRAIN 4 JOBS , but in reality he made me a loan lender. we reached the health and safety online test. I did it four times and of course I did not. and they sent me a test on the paper. and when I asked for details about the test. they did not explain anything to me, just read some books, and you will manage to solve it. of course I did not succeed.
              how could I get rid of that contract and recover my money that I have paid so far for nothing. thank you in advance
              yes I am also in the same position as you..i also failed the test 4 times and they've sent me paper..just wanna know have you finished the paper?
              is this a scam company? has anyone completed the course.? they ve given me paper which states that I will be getting fullscope level 3electrician qualification and the sales guy even said ill get free city and guilds final examination free if I failed th efirst time.. I need help guys .plz update your progress with the issue..and can you send me the paper if you ve finished it.. thanx

Comment

Have you done the practicals yet ? Or is that after the health and safety paper ?

Is the paper something like this - ( this is for plumbing ) https://cdn.cityandguilds.com/Produc...Paper_v1-0.pdf

do you know the course code from city & guilds ?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Have you done the practicals yet ? Or is that after the health and safety paper ?

Is the paper something like this - ( this is for plumbing ) https://cdn.cityandguilds.com/Produc...Paper_v1-0.pdf

do you know the course code from city & guilds ?
                  the question related to health and safety and electrics are somewhat same . These are the assignment I had submitted and yeah multiple choice questions. is this scam company? and how can I be a fully qualified electrician?

Comment

Originally posted by Elect View Post

the question related to health and safety and electrics are somewhat same . These are the assignment I had submitted and yeah multiple choice questions. is this scam company? and how can I be a fully qualified electrician?
                    and I haven't done practical yet.. this is pre attendance health and safety test....I think after this ill be able to book practical .I still have the sales rep guy number and I spoke to him just two days ago regarding the matter he said,"are you getting assignments or not? you've been given books and you have advisor aswell. now after this youll be going for practical aswell.. so don't think about whats online and what people are writing..

Comment

How long have you been doing it ? ( you have three years I believe to complete it )

Do you know where youve been going wrong with the health and safety tests? I have heard a few people have had difficulty with them.

Any idea where or how long your practical is ? Do you work in the trade or is the course a way to get started ?

With regards the qualification you end up with - what's your paperwork say ? Is it a city and guilds number ?
                      You can look up the courses https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...ab=information
                      is it 2365 level 2 and 3 ?
                      https://cdn.cityandguilds.com/Produc...Disclaimer.pdf

some people do feel like they were mislead but I think it depends on individual circumstances - the course they're doing bs the course they thought they'd be doing
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Simulator for 2365 H&S here for practice http://www.sparkyfacts.co.uk/2365_Un..._simulator.php
                        the time limit is pretty long so you can look up answers if needed ( pass seems to be 65% on that )

no idea if that helps at all - they also have some info on what's needed http://www.sparkyfacts.co.uk/How_to_...ectrician.html

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          How long have you been doing it ? ( you have three years I believe to complete it )

Do you know where youve been going wrong with the health and safety tests? I have heard a few people have had difficulty with them.

Any idea where or how long your practical is ? Do you work in the trade or is the course a way to get started ?

With regards the qualification you end up with - what's your paperwork say ? Is it a city and guilds number ?
                          You can look up the courses https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualif...ab=information
                          is it 2365 level 2 and 3 ?
                          https://cdn.cityandguilds.com/Produc...Disclaimer.pdf

some people do feel like they were mislead but I think it depends on individual circumstances - the course they're doing bs the course they thought they'd be doing
                          I had no electrical knowledge before and its been 18 months now and I just spoke to the tutor about the hns test and he helped me out with it. how can you tell if this is genuine or not?

Comment

I can't as I don't know which course you are doing.... can you tell me what your course documentation says ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Please can anyone help me? I signed up to trades gateways electricians course in May 2016. I had two children under three and despite not actively working at the time I did run a business with my husband. The sales rep knew all of this and told me I could complete the course in my own time. I would need to go away for a week at a time for practical training but I could hold off until my youngest (under 6m and fully breastfed) could be left without me. There was no mention of a deadline to the course. I was told it would lead me to become a fully qualified electrician as they even do the (I can’t remember the actual name of it so let’s just say) M2 year. Which most colleges don’t do because they can’t get the insurances for a building full of electrical faults. Anyway, by the by, in order to afford the payments I then had to go back to work. Which then left me with a huge child care bill and deeper in financial hardship. This year my husbands mental health took a massive down turn and he tried to commit suicide. As a result of al of this I’m almost at the deadline for completion and haven’t even managed to open my books. I’ve contact CF4TS who said they would put my account on hold and no money would be taken until I had sorted something out with the college; but the fortnight later they took the money from my account. The college say I’m past the cooling off period and nothing can be done unles I send my husbands medical records in to prove our situation. Then they may offer an extension or reduced payments. I don’t want either of these things! I just want out. In an ideal world id love my money back but realistically I just don’t want to have to pay anything more to them.

Comment

Hi all,

My sister signed up to a course as well and has realised it was miss sold. I'm trying to help her get out of the contact without affecting her or her credit rating. And get her money back.

If anyone can offer any advice I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X