• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Defence Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Defence Help Needed

Hi there,

I would be grateful for any assistance anyone can provide in regards to defending a ccj claim I have received.

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: Dec 5th
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes AOS submitted online
    Total Amount Claimed : 4k
    Claimant's Name: Cabot
    Solicitors Firm: Mortimer Clarke
    Original Creditor: Argos Loans
    Original Debt: no idea ??
    Particulars of Claim: By an agreement between [original creditor] & the defendant on or around 21/07/2004 ('the agreement') [original creditor] agreed to loan the defendant monies. The defendant did not pay the installments as they fell due & the agreement was terminated. The agreement was assigned to [the claimant]. The claimant therefore claims 1. [alledged amount] 2. Costs
    Is the debt Statute Barred: ??? I have not contacted them.
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): none, was planning to send a CCA & CPR next.
    Any Other Information or Background Details: Such as?
    Tags: None

date of default??? date last time you communicated with anyone?? detail details???

First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

Hi Mike,

They did not specify date of default. As this dates back to 2004 I have no info re: this debt.

I have never had any direct contact with the claimant (debt buyer agency). They have sent me letters via post.

In the past, I have used a debt management co. That co. sold on the debts to another agency and that agency to another agency. I never entered in a new signed agreements with the new debt buyer agy however debits from my account continued until approx. 3 years ago when unemployment rendered me unable to continue with the debit. I have moved a few times over the years so need to look through old paperwork to establish any othet possible background info.

Cannot I not just request the evidence from the claimant?

Thanks in advance fir any guidance.

Comment

MIKE770 You wrote:

"First Steps
        Check dates
        Acknowledge Claim
        CCA Request
        CPR 31.14 Request"

Quick question and sorry if its a silly one.... "Check dates" - what dates am I checking?

I have already submitted an AOS to defend all. Thank you for the links for CCA and CPR letters. I will aim to complete these today to have ready to post 'signed for' delivery tomorrow. I'll post any follow-up questions I may have.

Comment

date on court form then that tells you to put defence in by

send Recorded delivery and keep all copies of correspondence in date order

Comment

Amethyst

Comment

Date of form is Dec 5th. So have until Jan 2nd which is 28 days of this date now that I have submitted AOS. However, unsuee if it 28 working days or not. If it is then I have longer.

Comment

28+ 5 for posting etc? I always suggest sending on line thru MCOL defence just a day or so before so as to not let them trash any comments in your defence before they get theirs in read around site?

Comment

MIKE770 Okay thanks. Duly noted.

Comment

Quick question re: CPR request.

Of the following documents, should I just request Agreement & notice of assignment? Or should I list all 3?

1. Agreement / Contract
                    2. Default Notice
                    3. Notice of Assignment

The Particulars of Claim read:
                    "By an agreement between [original creditor] & the defendant on or around 21/07/2004 ('the agreement') [original creditor] agreed to loan the defendant monies. The defendant did not pay the installments as they fell due & the agreement was terminated. The agreement was assigned to [the claimant]. The claimant therefore claims 1. [alledged amount] 2. Costs"

Comment

Only

Comment

Request items mentioned on the court form at this stage

Comment

MIKE770 they mention the agreement
                          then they say the agreement was assigned - do I take that to mean "notice of assignment"? Or just the agreement at this stage? Excuse these basic questions but I want to get it right

Comment

One more question re: CPR letter

There is a name for the claimants legal rep on the bottom of the claim form. I should send letter addressed to this person or keep it general with "dear sir/madam" - whats best?

Comment

Originally posted by Judah12 View Post
                              MIKE770 they mention the agreement
                              then they say the agreement was assigned - do I take that to mean "notice of assignment"? Or just the agreement at this stage? Excuse these basic questions but I want to get it right
                              yes notice of assignment & agreement mentioned within

send CCA as well with £1. P.O.recorded delivery keep copies of everything you have and receive

send to the address for now@=

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X