• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caught shoplifting, do I pay the fine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Even though one item was possibly unsellable due to the box being ripped, this doesn’t change where I stand?

Comment

So Even though one item was possibly unsellable due to the box being ripped, this doesn’t change where I stand?

Comment

Even if none of the goods were resellable it would not be worth their while to pursue the matter.
        Retail price of all items was £31, but all they could try and recover is the price they paid for the damaged item.

Now please get on with your life and put this behind you

Comment

First letter arrived today from RLP, asking for £150 seems fairly standard in the way that it has written from looking at previous letters posted here, still planning to ignore them just a bit apprehensive as I’m sure you’ll understand, now comes the more increasingly threatening letters, I read somewhere that the only one I should pay attention to is a “letter before action/court” is this correct?

Comment

The first letter used to be headed "letter before action"... can you post up a copy of what you have received (remove identifying details)

The letters that must not be ignored are any you receive from the court ..... and you won't see any of those for this incident

Comment

Yes here it is

Comment

Originally posted by emmasanchez3 View Post
                what state do you live ?
                Emma, this is a UK forum.

Comment

Do you have ( and can you post ) the 'attached information please ? ( mentioned end of paragraph 2)

thank you xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I keep trying but whenever I try to upload it tells me the dimensions are too large, the attached info includes a section on how to make a payment, contact details, legal advice (saying to seek medical advice if you don’t understand), language translation and a data protection notice, it also includes a double A4 on frequently asked questions, it looks quite generic

Comment

Ahhh ok it sounded like it was going to be related to the preceding sentence but no, same old tosh then...

For future ref tho if using phone to do pics - then after taking pic, do a screenshot then upload that - still readable but far smaller mb to upload xxx
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Oooo also ... can you do a pic of the envelope ( we get asked a lot if it's identifiable )
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Here you go, it says RLP in the return address which is quite small so unless family members were aware of what the company is for they would be non the wiser, and just checking that the letter is 100% standard and nothing to worry about? Also thank you for everything I can’t express how much you guys have helped put my mind to rest

Comment

Received another letter today saying “it appears you have been seeking advice from an Internet forum. Following such advice does not assist because it doesn’t address the facts of this particular case” is this also standard?

Comment

Yes, and it matters not from whom you seek advice.

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X